What's new

Netflix vs. Blockbuster online.. (1 Viewer)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Well, after disappointment with BBO, I'm on the Netflix trial. And, so far, it looks like I'll have two-day turnaround thanks to the Harrisburg distribution center which is only an hour away from me.

Lately, It's been more than a full week for BBO. I'll likely be dropping my BBO membership as soon as I get my latest in-store coupons.

For 3 bucks more a month I'll probably be able to rent nearly three times as many movies...provided I have time to actually watch them that is.

Pat Frank

Stunt Coordinator
Just to add my two bits, I did Blockbuster during the beta period, but cancelled about the time it went live. Turnaround time for returns was just way too long compared with Netflix.

Someone above was asking about turnaround times for South Florida. On the Netflix return envelopes it appears that they're going to a Ft. Lauderdale address. They must have a distribution center there. That must be why I get such fast turnaround times. I imagine Blockbuster is handling things from a central location for the whole country (at least for now).

Mike V

Stunt Coordinator
I am thinking of switching from Netflix because of slow turn around times lately...any thoughts on the current service from Blockbuster? Any discount codes available?

danak

Second Unit
Mike,
As I said in a previous post, Blockbuster is slower for me than Netflix so I would not recommend it. But it wouldn't hurt to try it out for a couple of months for so to see if it is better or worse for you than Netflix

Dana in MD

Mike V

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Dana. I may just do that, give them a try. Service has truly been horrible with Netflix lately.

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Netflix is screwing me with slow deliveries also, they just sent me two DVDs all the way from the west coast and I'm in Chicago. Matter of fact, they have sent the majority of my DVDs from the east & west coast. However, when I joined all DVDs were coming from their Chicago facility. I believe that are doing this to limit the number of DVDs I can rent per month. That's why I'm dropping them. OTOH Blockbuster ships all of their DVDs from thier Chicago facility and the turnaround time is beter than Netflix.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=247892

Mike V

Stunt Coordinator
My DVD's are actually being returned to and shipping from a hub located 2 towns over! I can't believe I'm still getting delays.

I've decided to try Blockbuster and see if they are any better. I have not cancelled my Netflix just yet...I figure I get 2 weeks free and should know by then if it's worth switching.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Wow, That was a a good report. That person put in a lot of effort.

I just wish Netflix was more upfront with the tactics. I also agree with that report that the longer a disc is in your queue should give you more priority. If a person has been wating for a movie for months, they should get a priority over someone who put it in the queue yesterday.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I've been trying Blockbuster for the last month and their service is certainly a lot better than Netflix for reasons that article mentions. The more I rent a month from Netflix the slower the service gets. With Blockbuster, once they receive a title they ship my next one that day. With Netflix, after the first two weeks of fast service they then slow down to where it could take 3-5 days for me to get my next title.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Keep in mind though that Blockbuster may be treating new customers/free trials with better service since they want your money! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks