What's new

Ned & Stacey Possibly Coming This Summer (1 Viewer)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I just wanted to start a thread on this as we were discussing this in the TV Shows On DVD 2005 thread but apparently Ned & Stacey is coming to dvd this summer possibly in August. Pavan from Sitcoms Online says that when it will be coming. Does Gord or Dave have any more info on this?

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=104492

There's the news go down to the bottom of the page.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I never liked Will & Grace, but it was the much funnier (but low-rated) FOX sitcom Ned & Stacey where the lovely Debra Messing got her start in 1995, as Ned's platonic roommate (he let her move in with him out of mercy). That show only lasted 2 years, and the second season was cut short.

Thomas Haden Church was great as the slick-talking ladies' man Ned, who always had a trick up his sleeve. Tom had already had a smaller role in the Wings sitcom a few years earlier, but it really wasn't until last year's film "Sideways" made him a star.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
With Thomas Hayden Church popular again after Wings and Sideways and Debra Messing still popular after Will and Grace, this could do very well.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I was always surprised this didn't come out sooner because of Debra Messing on Will & Grace, but it's awesome that it's finally coming.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Another famous person who worked on this show was the writer, Charlie Kaufman, who went on to write Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and other acclaimed comedies. He apparently wrote some episodes and was a producer on the show.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Don't forget Greg Germann, whose next job was again with FOX in 1997 and for the next 5 years playing Richard Fish, one of the senior partners in the law firm Cage & Fish on the hour-long comedy-drama Alley McBeal.

Nadia Dajani, who played Greg's wife Amanda on Ned & Stacey (whose character ran a store called Amanda's Amuffins) has more recently played character roles in a number of big screen feature films. If you saw her in a movie today you would instantly recognize her if you remembered Amanda! :)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I forgot about Greg Germann he was good in this too. Has he done anything after Ally McBeal?

I don't remember Nadia Dajani though.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Yeah, Greg Germann has made several movies since Ally McBeal ended in 2002 but none of them were hits. I think Greg is really more of a character actor than leading man. According to the Internet Movie Database, he has 2 movies in post-production due to be released next year.

On Ned & Stacey he played the not-too-bright Eric Moyer, whom Ned often called "Rico" as Ned would often reel him into his latest scheme, making Eric his unsuspecting right-hand man. If you remember the old Untouchables series, Rico was federal agent Eliot Ness' nickname for Enrico Rossi, one of his men.

Noah U

Auditioning
I have been waiting for this show on DVD for awhile. Thomas Haden Church was great as the abrasive Ned. I loved the first season, but the second season sucked when it moved to the muffin shop. I will most likely only buy the first season.

Jacob McCraw

Stunt Coordinator
I love this show! I will definitely be buying Season 2 when it comes out. I want to see the unaired episodes.

RobinO

Stunt Coordinator
Jacob,

You mean there were unaired episodes of this show?

Now I am more than ever anxious to see season 2 come out.

Robin

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
So I guess we are never going to get Season 2? I don't know how I forgot about this show but just watched it again and really enjoyed it. Just wish we would get season 2.

-Keith

(And yes I realize how old this thread is)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks