What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

name of a show? Candace Bushnell may have been involved. no not that one (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i thought there was a show 5 years ago or so from the team who gave us sex and the city.

at least thats how it was billed.
or from the creator of sex and the city.

was a half hr sitcom

does this sound familiar to anyone.

i liked it but it was only on a short time, less then a season i think.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
nope that wasnt the one.
i remeber that, it was only about 2 - 3 years for that one.

this show had someone who makes me think of the blond star of studio 60.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
nope never watched that.
the show i cant remember the name of was half hr sitcom type.

like friends mixed with sex and the city.
the leads were adult not teens or college students

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
You're not thinking of the horrendous American adaptation of "Coupling", are you? The original (and very funny) British version of this was often described as a merging of "Friends" & SatC.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Sex and the City alumni David Frankel and Barry Jossen did a 2000 sitcom called The Grapvine which featured Kristy Swanson, who looks a bit like Sarah Paulson from certain angles. Apparently this was a reworking of a pre-S&tC (1992) series with the same characters but different actors. (Except for one actor who was in both, but played different characters. :))

Could this be it?

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

On the other hand, it ran for six episodes over six years ago, and you can barely remember it, so how sure can you be it was Paulson and not Swanson? :)

Regards,

Joe

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
you know patrick, when i started researching(very minimal) i thought it might be that.
i didnt want to mention the show by name to not taint the other popple trying to help me.

but i think that might be it.

the first thing i did was look for paulson appearances in tv shows and that came up.

so i think patrick has it on the nose.

i think this is a key clue....

Trivia for
"Leap of Faith" (2002)

* Canceled after three episodes aired.

this is what i remembered.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
tv.com has a much clearer description

This half-hour single-camera comedy, Leap of Faith , created by Jenny Bicks, is about the relationships between a close circle of friends in their 30s. At the center is Faith Wardwell (Sarah Paulson), a spirited young woman who calls off her engagement to a "good on paper" guy and takes a leap of faith back into the single life to discover what it's like when you stop doing what you should do, and start doing what makes you happy.

After a fling with an attractive actor prompts her to cancel her nuptials, Faith finds herself back in the company of her outspoken circle of friends who provide varied perspectives on life.

There's Patty (Lisa Edelstein), Faith's free-spirited single friend and co-worker who's always looking for Mr. Right Now; Cynthia (Regina King), Faith's no-nonsense married neighbor who likes to speak her mind on all issues, relevant to her or not; and Andy (Ken Marino), Faith's fun-loving best friend from college who works as a reporter at Rolling Stone.

Faith also gets advice from her eccentric socialite mother, Cricket (Jill Clayburgh), while her advertising executive boss, Lucas, is constantly trying to keep Faith's mind on her job.

dont know what sparked this.

most likely seeing her on studio 60.

i liked the show but it was on and gone.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I remember the show because Ken Marino was on Dawson's Creek at the time, wooing Joey Potter as any randy college professor does to new freshman college girls, and then they wrote him out of the show so he could go be on "Leap of Faith" (ironically, so).

Also, Paulson's lisp was so pronounced on that show, it was tough to tolerate her as the lead character. Lisa Edelstein had just come off of a multi-episode arc playing a pre-op transexual character on Ally McBeal, so it was weird seeing her play a normal woman on the show.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
patrick, would you change the title to

Leap of Faith with Sarah Paulson, anyone remember it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks