What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Directors Name an actor/actress you'd like to have dinner with. (Not sexual!) (1 Viewer)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
If I had to pick an actor, it would be Robert De Niro. He is my favorite actor, and he is a pretty private individual, so it would be cool to get to know him. If I could pick a Director, it would definitely be Marty Scorsese! Man, how cool would that be! His knowledge of cinema is incredible!

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I'll pick Woody Allen and Alanis Morrisette.

Ok, she's not technically and actress, but she's been in a couple of movies.

Dave L

Stunt Coordinator
Elizabeth Taylor -- I'd like to get her completely drunk and pump her for all she won't tell about Richard Burton, Rock Hudson, James Dean, Montgomery Clift, and everyone else she knows or knew.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Actress: Jodie Foster

Actor: Ewan McGregor

Director: David Fincher

Fluff Girl: Your Mom...

j/k

Take care,

Chuck

P.S. The rest was serious...

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Actor: Edward Norton

Actress: Jodie Foster

Director: Stanley Kubrick (oh well... guess that isn't happening)

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Either Martin Scorsese because he is a movie genius, or Robert De Niro because as previously mentioned, he's shuns most interviews and public appearances.

Actress would definitely be Jennifer Connelly. Just to sit that close to her for an extended period of time would be incredible.

Will K

Screenwriter
I'd think Christopher Walken would be cool to hang out with. For actress, I'd have to say Sigourney Weaver. If I had to throw in a director, I'd dine with David Lynch.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Hanging out with Clint Eastwood for a few hours would make my day.
I think dinner with Goldie Hawn would be cool.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
actor - bill murray

actress - amy poehler or amy sedaris or julianne moore

director - pt anderson or wes anderson

i was going to say the coen brothers for director, but changed my mind. while i value their work to be among the finest produced in the last 20 years, they would be VERY boring dinner guests.

CJ

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Any actress I would pick would have at least sexual hopes, but right now I'm torn between Kristin Chenoweth and Alison Lohman, if only so I could tell her how amazing I think she is.

Actor: Forget dinner, what guy wouldn't want to party with Colin Farrell?

Director: I'm thinking Abel Ferrara.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
That one's a hard call for me, especially when it comes to a beautiful actress. The sexual attraction would just be too incredible to resist.
My pick would be Naomi Watts.
To sit through a dinner with her... whoa! I'd probably be speechless and thinking at the same time, "What I would give to pick her up in my arms, carry her out of the restaurant to my car, and have the evening of a lifetime with her!" :D
The rest... well, I leave it to the imagination. :D

DaveDickey

Stunt Coordinator
Actor: Laurence Fishburne (I know someone who is friends with him. She says he is funny and very "normal")
Actress: Kathy Bates (beers only, no dinner):)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You better believe it Nick. I think Alison Lohman could possibly end up being the most talented actress to arrive on the scene since Cate Blanchett, and I think she has already proven the ability to pick consistently better projects. Nothing against Blanchett, but several of her movies have kind of been stinkers, even if the characters are almost always great.

In the end, if Alison stays with acting, I fully expect her to be in the class of the greatest of all time. I really view her that highly. I'm not referring so much to things like Matchstick Men which she was great in, but it was also a bit of a gimmick role. I think her performance in White Oleander is truly one of the greatest I have ever seen. I can't say enough about it. She just needs to mature out of the kid roles. She's 24 after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks