What's new

My experience at Best Buy (1 Viewer)

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
I will back Brent up on the issue of Sirius not playing
a bunch of promos on their music channels. I listen to the
Vault channel on a regular basis, and there is a DJ that
talks a little bit every few songs either to promote
another channel on the knob, or to bullshit a little.
It's far from annoying. On the talk shows (I listen alot to
the NFL dedicated channel), they do play a good amount of
commercials, and some of them are very repetitive and
annoying. I can't speak for XM since I've never had that
service, but I really like Sirius for a number of reasons.
It's not a perfect service (their playlists seem to be
limited, even on the Vault), but it's good enough for me.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just have a general question about the hardware I need for Sirius since I plan on getting it mid-January...

Just to confirm, all I need is a Sirius boombox, the reciever piece that docks to it and the subscription, correct?

I plan to get the year plan so that I won't have to worry about it until the end of the year.

Just tell me if i'm correct or not and you can all go back to throwing satellites at each other. :D

MartEvans

Stunt Coordinator
I tried Circuit City the other day and all they had was the S50. They weren't expecting another shipment until after the holidays :eek:

Monty B

Agent
Update to my story above. I stopped in the Best Buy near my work yesterday hoping to purchase a Sportster Replay and a Sportster boombox. When I did not see either on the shelves I asked the BB employee working in the car audio area if there were perhaps more in the back. He informed me that they were completely sold out of the Sportster Replay, Sportster boombox, S50, S50 home kit and Starmate Replay. They hope to receive a new shipment on Saturday. I asked if he could put a boombox and Sportster Replay aside for me. Unfortunately they have been told by management that they are on a first come, first serve basis. The best I can do is call Saturday and if they are in stock I will have hurry down there to get one. The employee stated that since Howard's last FM show they have been flying off the shelves and whenever they get a new shipment they are usually gone by the next day. I am starting to worry that I wont have Sirius hooked up the first show on January 9th.

Monty B

Agent
I may have to order from Sirius.com. I have been checking BB because I was going to have them install it in my car on the spot. I wonder if BB would install it if I bought it from sirius.com and brought it to them?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks