What's new

MX-700 Remote (1 Viewer)

Todd_Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
I have the B&K AVR 507 and the MX-700

I have the basics programed on the remote but nothing more because the thing confuses me.

The instructions dont make much sense to me or i am just to ignorant to pay attention.

Does anyone else have this remote and find it easy to setup and use macros. Is there a website that explains in easy terms how to setup.

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Check out this site . It should be able to answer all your questions about the remote. When I first got my pronto I was lost, after a few hours of surfing the site I was able to really understnad what a great remote is capable of doing.

I dont own the mx-700 so I cant help you, maybe another member help you out.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
I own the MX-700. To create macros, select the button you wish to use for the macro (ie power off on main menu) then select the "record" button on the macro box. Now use the mouse and select the buttons in turn in which you want to be sent in that macro- for example discrete off for DVD, AV amp, TV etc. When you've finished click the floppy icon (save)

You can also add delay, and a short cut (for example you might have a macro on the 2nd page of "DVD", with "Goto page 1" on DVD) or "goto hifi" then short cut to another page.

I use the single line "activity" approach, rather than device based way of using it, with punch-through to the processor for both HT applications.

If you want my file give me a PM. It's got quite a few macros, links (but nothing too complicated)

mackie

Supporting Actor
I also have the MX 700 which I consider one of the best HT purchases I've ever made. Setting it up isn't too hard once you get the hang of it. The link posted above will be helpful and they have lots on macros you can download. Best advice is to plan your macros before programming. Write down each step, select the button you want to program on, go to the component list and select the command that you need. Once you get it set up, it'll work so smoothly it'll be boring to use, and no one will have a clue how advanced it is because of it's simplicity to operate.

Todd_Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
so for example, I could hit one button and turn on my TV, turn on the receiver, the dvd player and cable box?

Then hit another button to switch my TV to video 5, then play a moive i got in the DVD?

Just trying to get an idea of how you guys set yours up.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Yup, if you have discrete on and off, TV input codes. PM me and I'll send you the file. It doesn't have many discrete codes (only Lexicon on & off) but you'll get a idea how to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks