What's new

MST3K: Cinematic Titanic (1 Viewer)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
One more thing, are these bootlegs or did these guys pay for the rights to THE OOZING SKULL? The reason I'm asking is that this is a fake title probably made for this release. The real title, BRAIN OF BLOOD, has been out through Image as a Special Edition for several years now.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Thanks. That's perhaps true but I always thought they dealt with PD material. I'm not sure why they'd make a new name for this film when it was originally released under three or four other, better known titles.

I know Shout! have made deals to release some of their non-PD Elvira titles.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
The distributor/producer wanted a different title because the pre-existing Image DVD; they didn't want there to be any confusion in the marketplace.

Still waiting for my copy to arrive!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I bought Killers from Space in a Digiview set called Sci-Fi Invasion, with 3 other flicks for $1 at Walmart. That's a quarter. I'll bet the others are available the same way somewhere.

I don't think The Film Crew is dead just because their releases are $11 at DD. Thsoe guys have a lot on their hands with all the projects they are doing. I recommend the 3 Stooges DVD they did as well. The transfers are very good and their commentary lovingly pokes fun at all things Stooges. It's really a good time and I'm hoping they will do more.

dberthia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave
Slashdot readers recently sent Joel some questions, and he's answered them here. It's some interesting reading.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott

My question was in regards to a few of the titles that are not available on DVD.

But those without the bootlegged Adamson flick might want to grab it soon because Image says they never sold the rights to the film nor did they have any contact with this company. The transfer was apparently taken from the long OOP "World's Worst Movies" label.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

by the adamson flick , do you mean the "oozing skull"?

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
No, I didn't mean that the Film Crew releases would be over just because they're cheap at DD, but because they were made back in 2005 and it took the guys forever to get proper distribution. Now that Mike's in San Diego with Rifftrax, the focus is likely on the new company and material.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott

Yes. The producer (Sam Sherman) of the film holds all the rights and Image bought the DVD rights several years ago. A couple friends of his are saying that he had no idea of this release and is looking into it. If you know Sherman, it's doubtful he'd agree to a release like this making fun of his murdered friend and the film that he made. Apparently another studio was also in the works of re-releasing these Adamson movies. Image doesn't own the rights, Sherman does so I guess it's a wait and see thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks