What's new

MSNBC presents Comedy March Madness (1 Viewer)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I thought I'd post the link to this here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7053845/

They've taken comedy and broken it into four 'regional' categories: Broad (grossout, general, etc), SNL Cast Member (excluding cameos and 1983season), Smart (appeals to specific tastes) and Classics (25 years old).

Each 'region' gets 16 films seeded and then you try to figure out the final four and the eventual winner.

Personally I think several of the first round choices are deceptively hard, and the second round inevitable match up of Strangelove and Some Like it Hot eliminates one of the two strongest candidates to win it (imo).

still, it's kinda fun filling out. :)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I just did this and the two hardest first round games for me were Ace Ventura vs. There's Something About Mary and Office Space vs. Election.

I had Office Space, Ferris Bueller, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and Waynes World in my Final Four with Ferris Bueller beating Office Space to win it all.

A fun thing to do. :)

MattGentry

Second Unit
Thanks. A lot of fun.

Having some trouble with:

Dumb and Dumber vs. Shaun of the Dead
Ferris Bueller vs. Raising Arizona

A few others, but those are some of my hardest.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Ferris Bueller versus Raising Arizona is a really nasty matchup, if Bueller wins he goes to the elite eight but Raising Arizona could probably beat him but not make it that far. It was interesting and fun filling this out, I wound up with Meet the Parents, Animal House, Christmas Story, and Strangelove with Strangelove taking the final title. :)

Adam

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Also I think I'm going to the Polls section to use this to start a poll to see what would win with HTF voting from the initial 16.

Adam

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Rob,

There is a "banner" in the middle of the article that you click on to launch the bracket in a javascript pop-up window. Look for a space that says "Click here to launch."

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
Ghostbusters vs Blues Brothers in the Elite Eight. Jeeeez.
South Park vs Ghostbusters, and Ghostbusters made it to the finals, where it beat Strangelove for the championship.

Some of those matchups were WAY too hard.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Wow, there are some very tough seedings early on.

Holy Grail vs Young Frankenstein - that's just not right that early on.

Philly Story vs The Jerk is tough too.

SNL is just as tough as Classic
Rushmore vs Animal House
Blues Bros vs Caddyshack
(how did Old School, Tommy Boy, Vacation and Bowfinger not end up going against these "better" films early on)

And I ended up with Blazing Saddles vs Holy Grail which is so close its stupid.

So HTF Polls has found its way to the mainstream it looks like. :D

Next on MSNBC, Tino's one-word game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks