What's new

More BatmanTAS, Justice League, Superfriends DVDs in July (1 Viewer)

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
http://www.dvdtoons.com/news/389

It appears that Warner is finally ramping the release frequency for the Batman, Justice League, and Superfriends DVDs. Disks for each of these series are reportedly planned for July 22nd releases. Does anyone have information about which episodes to expect (beyond "Paradise Lost Parts 1 and 2" on the Justice League disk)?

Batman Animated Series: Out of the Shadows
MSRP: $19.98
Sound Track Language: English
Run Time: 88
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
Aspect Ratio: Original Aspect Ratio - 1.33
Sound Quality: Mono - Portuguese, Stereo - English, Stereo - French, Stereo - Spanish

Justice League: Paradise Lost
Sound Quality: Stereo - Spanish, Stereo - English, Stereo - Portuguese

Superfriends: United They Stand
Sound Quality: Mono - English, Mono - Spanish

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
From the looks of it, they're going ahead with 4-episode releases. If they aren't going to do season, they should at least put 8-10 episodes per release.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Warner has provided EXACTLY the info you see above and nothing else. Well, except some main menu shots. I don't have time right now for large graphics, and someone else will surely provide them. Here are some "preview size" versions, though:

Rob T

Screenwriter
excellent!
I figured they wouldn't stick to that once a year release schedule. I 'm looking forward to these. :)

Rob T

Screenwriter
I'm not sure about the order that cartoon network aired them, but according to jlanimated.com Injustice For All comes before Paradise Lost so the disc should have
8 - Injustce For All Part 1
9 - Injustce For All Part 2
10 - Paradise Lost Part 1
11 - Paradise Lost Part 2
on it.

War World is right after Paradise Lost though.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
so at 4 episodes per release, how long will i have to wait to get to the Tim Drake/Batgirl seasons, which are the only ones i'm interested in?

reminds me of Willy Wonka, where this studio just doesn't understand who is actually buying this stuff.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Alright! That should just about do it for the Challenge of the Superfriends then. Hopefully they continue in the years that they were released and don't go back to the awful-so-PC Superfriends of the ealry 70's with Wendy and Marvin (YUCK!)...

I am hoping that they will get around to the Super Power's shows from 87 and 88...

Still though...nothing on the Batman cartoons from the late 70's and early 80's during their time on CBS and NBC repectively.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
4 Episodes is very dissapointing and I will not be supporting these animated series even though I want them until they include at least 6 episodes a disk(I would prefer box sets). At 4 per disk we would be looking at about 27 DVDs to get the whole series. Thats too expensive and too much shelf space. No sale :thumbsdown:

ToddL

Grip
Real Name
Todd
Somebody who will be participating in the chat on 4/22 please ask these clueless people at Warner why they haven't produced some boxed collections, in order of course, for their animated properties (BTAS, Justice League, Scooby-doo, Tom and Jerry, etc.). Oh, and you could ask where the Animaniacs DVDs are too. Thanks in advance.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
I would totally buy Superfriends in season box sets. These 4-episode things are strictly rental/library fare.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Doing the math on it it sort of makes sense but sorta doesn't.

There were only 13 shows of Challenge of the Superfriends to begin with. With the first release containing 5 shows, the next two only with four, that first year is done.

Of course, it would have been great to just have a two disc set with all 13 and not split like this would have been wonderful...at least they are coming.

GaryEA

Second Unit
I love B:TAS, but they're making this a long, drawn-out, and downright expensive process if they continue with four episodes at a time. And I may opt to not continue.

If they release, say, fours discs a year, that's only sixteen episodes. For around fifty dollars. It's not even a full season's worth.

Their survey talks about full boxes for Looney Tunes, but a modern classic like Batman gets the shaft.

Oh yeah. This is for kids only. Yeah right. What a joke.

Gary

James Reader

Screenwriter
Don't forget Batman:TAS was voted 3rd best cartoon series ever in TV Guide.

How Warners can create such poor releases for such a highly regarded series is beyond me. And no, I won't accept potential sales - as I said it was voted 3rd best cartoon of all time. Beating Family Guy, Futurama and King of the Hill, yet Fox can release these in high-quality, well priced seasonal sets (or MORE as is the case with the R1 Family Guy - a cartoon that supposedly "failed" on television).

I'm not asking for seasonal sets, I'm not even asking for boxed sets of 3-4 discs (althogh that would be nice) I just want DVD9's with 6-8 episodes. Is that too much to ask? Really?

Warners really need to get a clue.

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
Once again at the WB chat, we'll have to plead for them to ramp up their BTAS DVD production or give us season box sets. Hopefully, they'll have a better answer this time around.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Season sets would be unwieldy due to the uneven distribution of episodes -- 60 episodes in season one, 10 in season 2, 10 in season 3 (as The Adventures of Batman and Robin), 5 in season 4. Gotham Knights had 13 episodes in its first season and 11 in its second. Larger sets would be preferred, but I don't think season by season is the most appealing approach in this case.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I got tired of watiting for Batman TAS and got the Columbia House VHS series.

I just altered the rest of this post as I dont want my account deleted, but Im just plain disgusted with the way WB has handled Batman TAS and Im gonna have to go to more "extremem measures" Im afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks