What's new

MLB 2011 Regular Season (1 Viewer)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Ok teams are starting to break camp so it's time for some baseball.

I'm going to take a guess at the NL playoff teams but I'll go with the safe picks.

East Phillies

Central Reds

West Giants

Wild-card Braves

Although I picked the Giants they are probably a team that is one or two injuries away from not making the playoffs.

As for my Cubs, they are probably a 3rd or 4th place team at best.

As for the AL, I don't really care but I'll take a guess and pick the following.

East Yanks

Central Twins

West A's

Wild-card Red Sox

phil*

Second Unit
Real Name
Andro
At a sports celebrity breakfast yesterday,Pedro Martinez was asked if,given a choice,(as HOF has final say on these matters)which cap would he wear at the induction ceremony should he be inducted into baseball's Hall of Fame. Pedro responded without reservation: "Montreal Expos".

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
The Tigers have the bases loaded and nobody out in the top of the second.

Go Tigers! :)

And of course --

Go Bosox all the way!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The Phils and CBS creat first radio station dedicated to one sports team. http://networkedblogs.com/g73M3 PHILLIES 24/7 TO FEATURE LIVE PLAY-BY-PLAY OF EVERY PHILLIES GAME – PLUS GAME RE-BROADCASTS EVERY MORNING AT 9AM Philadelphia, March 31st, 2011 – The Philadelphia Phillies and CBS RADIO’s WOGL today announced the launch of Phillies 24/7, the first ever HD Radio multicast station exclusively dedicated to a Major League Baseball team. Phillies 24/7 will air continuously throughout the year and feature live play-by-play of every regular season Phillies game on-air at 98.1 WOGL HD4, plus game re-broadcasts the following morning at 9am. The channel will launch on Friday, April 1 when the Phillies take on the Houston Astros in their home opener (1:05pm). CBS RADIO’s WPHT serves as the Phillies radio broadcast flagship, a position they’ve held since 2005 after previously holding that title from 1982-2001. In addition to game coverage, Phillies 24/7 will broadcast a full schedule of unique daily and weekly programs centered on the team, as well as provide behind the scenes access at Citizens Bank Park, and archived audio content including classic game replays. Phillies fans can expect to hear new shows heard only on Phillies 24/7, including Phillies Today – a daily look at all things Phillies on the field and off, Phillies Phorum – a weekly opportunity for fans to ask questions via email, Facebook, and Twitter, and Phillies Playlist – a look at what’s playing on a different Phillies’ mp3 player each week. Marc Rayfield, Senior Vice President of CBS RADIO Philadelphia had this to say about the partnership, “We are thrilled to embark upon this new endeavor with the Phillies. There is an insatiable appetite for this team, and CBS RADIO’s HD platform allows us to use new technology to bring Phillies related content to their fans 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. And the best part is it’s free!” “Creating this channel for our fans is a natural way to give them even more access to the team. We are excited to partner with CBS RADIO on this unique and exciting project,“ Phillies Senior Vice President of Marketing and Advertising Sales David Buck added. HD Radio™ Technology is fueling the digital evolution of AM/FM radio in the US and elsewhere. It allows broadcasters to offer new digital channels through multicasting, crystal-clear sound, and advanced data services – all free, with no subscription fee. HD Radio Technology is available nationwide with more than 2,000 digital stations on-air and an additional 1,300 HD2/HD3/HD4 digital-only channels that broadcast fresh new content that can only be heard with an HD Radio receiver. These receivers are available in retail stores and online from major electronics brands, as well as in new vehicles from 17 automotive brands. ABOUT WOGL WOGL AND WPHT are owned and operated by CBS RADIO, one of the largest major-market radio operators in the United States. A division of CBS Corporation, CBS RADIO owns and operates 130 radio stations, the majority of which are in the nation’s top 50 markets. CBS RADIO also owns and operates KYW-AM, WIP-AM and WYSP in Philadelphia.

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
In case anyone is interested, Cleveland had a triple play today. See

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110403&content_id=17328806&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Great the Cubs blow a chance to start the season off on a positive note by winning a home series and Carlos Marmol blows a save opportunity in the 9th.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
btw if you have an ipad or iphone, and you have the $15 "MLB at bat" app, you get free mlb.tv for the month of april. all out-of-town games streamed right to your ipad/iphone (local team games are blacked out when played, but are viewable afterwards).

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
The Phils and CBS creat first radio station dedicated to one sports team.

I forgot to check them out this weekend. If they *don't* have Gary Matthews I'm already a fan.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
How about that? It must be Bizarro World, with the Orioles and Royals are in first place in their respective divisions. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by EricW

btw if you have an ipad or iphone, and you have the $15 "MLB at bat" app, you get free mlb.tv for the month of april. all out-of-town games streamed right to your ipad/iphone (local team games are blacked out when played, but are viewable afterwards).

I love MLB At Bat and recommend it every year in the baseball thread but unfortunately for me this year's application requires OS4.0 and I still have the first gen iPhone so until I upgrade in June I'm out of luck.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Boy the Red Sox are really taking it on the chin right now with win-less 0 - 6 road trip. I'm sure for their fans the Friday and the home opener can not come soon enough.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Looks like Mike was right. 9-6 Sox over Yanks going into the ninth. In other news, Manny Ramirez rumored to have blown another steroid test and in lieu of a 100 game suspension, he's calling it quits. Now this will be my last post until June. Because around my house, baseball doesn't start until someone hoists up a certain 35 pound silver cup. :D

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks