What's new

Mister Ed Season 6? (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Has anyone heard of any news on these last 13 Episodes? I know Shout released the first 5. However, they released the Seasons 4 and 5 through their store. The last release was in 2011 and nothing since.

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
A while ago I ask Shout about it and the reply at that time was that they didn't planned on releasing the last season

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I do hope their position changes on that. I honestly dislike watching classic shows on Over the air TV of any kind or cable. They are so cut up for ads it almost makes no sense

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
rmw650 said:
If you get THIS TV in your market, they also air Mr. Ed on there at various times of the morning so hoping that helps, in case SHOUT decides not to release the last season on DVD...just check your local listings for time and their website for episode airings.
It is also worthy to note that both versons (west and east) of the Hallmark Movie Channel air Mister Ed on weekend mornings in four-hour blocks.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
of course of course it will be out. by somebody. just give it time, and enjoy all the other shows that are already out.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I'm not so confident this last season will make it out at this point. If there was money to be made, I assume Shout would've taken it. If it somehow does, I hope uncut versions for those several season 1 episodes are included as well in order to truely finish the show and to beef up the amount of content to account for the short final season. Since marketing departments are never shy of stretching the truth or downright lying, it could be titled "Mister Ed: The Lost Episodes" or something to that effect. Hopefully MGM wraps this and Green Acres up someday. I'm sure there's more in their library than just those two that warrant completion or finally making an appearance on DVD, but I'm just a casual observer and don't know the ownership rights of series after tv series. Plus this thread is about Mister Ed. i think Shout would've been wise to go a bit slower with this series. 5 season releases in 18 months is an awfully quick release schedule, particularly at the prices the direct from Shout releases went for. And while Mister Ed is a fine series, a bit of it goes further than many other classic shows. I think they killed their own sales by fast tracking this (Not something I usually complain about, but I think it very well may of been a bit counterproductive here in hindsight).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks