What's new

Michael "Kramer" Richards racist tirade (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Thanks for pointing that out, Travis. I thought I'd heard Eminem use the word in his songs, but I guess it was the other guys on his records that I was thinking of in this instance. Somehow I still think that he could get by with using it much easier than most white dudes because of his widespread acceptance in the black community(even if he did take some heat for saying it in the past).

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Back to Mr. Richards, it is nice to see that harmony can be achieved and the hurt he caused can be erased by something as simple as money. Yes, I have heard on the news that the victims in question have a lawyer and are looking at financial restitution for their suffering.

If only I were the judge, I'd say they are owed the price of their tickets back and get on with life.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> If only I were the judge, I'd say they are owed the price of their tickets back and get on with life.

The club already announced they were refunding the entire audience, including food and drinks.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor

I agree for the most part with WillG and RexB.

Personally, we see a lot from the secular/apeasement group in the media which loves to jump on people like them due to their views. Richards said he wasn't a raceist, just lost his cool. That's good enough for me because everyone has lost their temper and said bad things at some point in their life. Gibson on the otherhand was clearly a case of of being motivated by his religion. Most of the Jewish community forgave him immediatly because they knew he had issues with alchohol. Everyone on Earth has issues to deal with and being religious means forgiveness no matter what. But the typical secular progressive/liberal news media mainly showed the Jewish leaders that were against him, not accounting for the ones that said they did forgive.

Bottom line, everyone makes mistakes and has issues in their life. As a spiritual/religious person, you are to forgive anyone at any time for any problems if they ask for it. Both of these people have done so and that's good enough for me.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I’m currently watching season 7 and a new perspective came to my mind. This incident affects your enjoyment of the show? Why? I was watching the Rye episode and Jerry steals from an old lady. He doesn’t just steal her, he assaults and forces her. So, they are not good people in the series and they are not good people in real life. It’s perfect! ;)
Now, if they were good people in the series and doing bad things in real life, that would have affected my viewing! :D

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
The day after I found out about the incident, TBS ran the episode where Kramer falls asleep in the tanning bed. The scene where he meets his African-American girlfriend's family while sporting his "dark" tan took on a whole new meaning.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

If You think that takes on a new meaning, try the episode where Kramer has to apologize to the monkey at the zoo. Watch it with your eyes closed, and that takes on a new meaning!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks