What's new

MGM DVDs from other regions - Chances of Region 1 release? (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
For those with multi-region players, besides the Leone films, there are quite a few MGM releases available in other regions that aren't available in Region 1. Some of the titles are:

Billion Dollar Brain
Burn
How I Won the War
Missouri Breaks
Offense, The
Solomon & Sheba
Thieves Like Us
Trapeze
Two for the Seesaw

Are there reasons why these particular titles never made it to region 1? And now that Sony has taken over MGM, I was wondering if there was any chance of seeing these here.

AlanBrom

Second Unit
I guess we have to rely on Sony now :-(

I'd like to add these to the list, all available through MGM on other regions:

SABATA
NAVAJO JOE
FOOD OF THE GODS
FUTUREWORLD
DAUGHTERS OF SATAN

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
This pertains to an existing MGM release, "Child's Play". As we all know, the only R1 version available is pan & scan. Someone said in another thread a couple of years ago that the original print of the film was severely damaged, then went on to say that a widescreen version was available in another region. I'd like to see MGM get ahold of that print and release the film in its correct ratio. It's because of the MAR'd release that I decided not to purchase "The Chucky Collection" consisting of parts 2, 3 & "Bride Of Chucky".

David Allen

Stunt Coordinator
I'd also like the latest "Battle of Britain" in 5.1 and an additional track with the original score. UK got it in like 2004, we haven't seen it yet.

James Luckard

Second Unit
Real Name
James Luckard
There's a great SE of Four Weddings & A Funeral available all over Europe, which I have. However, I've had to keep my old Polygram disc for the film. When I watch the British version of a film I know so well with the PAL speedup it's like everyone's on cocaine.

The widescreen version of the true theatrical cut of Manhunter, available from MGM only in Japan, would be nice too.

Greg Black

Second Unit
Would love to see the R3 version of Army Of Darkness: Director's Cut that's sourced from film, not the tape dubs or whatever got put into the R1 version from Anchor Bay. I suppose since it's NTSC, I could just import it and watch it on my PC, but still. I'd like a proper R1 release.

Lino Reno

Stunt Coordinator
Add to that list, a wonderful SE of Blake Edwards' The Party, and the 3 new Sergio Leone SE's of FAFDO, AFOD, and FOD.

Oh, and there's the upcoming June SE edition of Midnight Cowboy. Oh, and Ken Russell's Gothic too! So many, really...

Opi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Felix Wieme
I'm interested in
King of the Sun and
Taras Bulba

Is anyone able to hint me their origin ? And most important how's the quality ? Thanks in advance :)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
The Futureworld from the UK is not an MGM DVD.

Is there another version that is MGM that's from another country or was this film mistakenly included in this thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks