What's new

Merged Seinfeld DVD Thread (includes announcement discussion) (1 Viewer)

David Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Just the thought of having this series uncut with no commercials brings tears to my eyes. At one point I was more looking forward to the Seinfeld DVD announcement than I was for Star Wars. All 3 seasons will be mine on release day.

Seth--L

Screenwriter

With the way people bitch about cover art, you'd think they're hanging this stuff on their walls.

Jay Gunn

Stunt Coordinator

Actually, some people do. I just recently read a post on the Film software board where someone said he wasn't going to buy a particular disc because the cover art was so ugly and he displays his DVDs on a wall.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Well then they should make it a sticker you can peel off, like the past FOX sets used to have.

I would never not buy something because the cover was bad. But at least make it not atrocious for me...

Dave Farley

Second Unit
I can't imagine someone passing on a DVD that they want because of the cover art. That would be a little strange, in my opinion. I've seen cover art and box sets that I don't care for but the point of a DVD is the content, is it not?

I like creative, well-designed cover art and good box set design as much as the next person, but it certainly plays no part in my decision to purchase or pass on a particular DVD or box set.

I'll be picking up the Seinfeld sets regardless of the box design. Although, listing the special features on the front does look awful, in my opinion.;)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I completely agree. I noticed the new release of Return of the Living Dead II that's due in October is a keep-case, but a few years back I thought "If this comes out, it'll be a snapper cause it's from warner bros..." and I was annoyed that it'd look weird on the shelf with part one. But I never once thought "I'll just not buy it..." because of that.

While I'm happy it's going to be a keep-case, I never once debated getting the DVD...

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
It is - I did the survey they took, and thought the band was actually part of the cover, and commented on it on every cover idea they put forward. Then later in the survey they referred to it as a sticker.

Still looks bloody awful, but at least I can remove it.

Jerry R Colvin

Stunt Coordinator
If it doesn't matter what the cover looks like, why don't studios save themselves some money and print generic looking labels?

Whether it's the cover, or the movie inside, or the original movie posters... it's art. Some of us are into all aspects of the thing.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
this isn't about cover art, but the whole ten yards dvd that came out yesterday has a trailer for the seinfeld dvds, and at the end it says coming soon. most of the clips they showed were from later seasons though.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

I completely agree.

So why is no one complaining that the pictures on the covers are not from the appropriate seasons? Frankly, THIS is what bugs the heck out of me. The photos are from Elaine's "hot phase" which didn't occur until the later seasons.

Seth--L

Screenwriter

Do you plan on actually watching the content on the DVDs?

I can't believe how bent out of shape people are getting about such petty matters. I would think that people would be excited that the show is coming out on DVD, remastered, filled with extras that include participation from the entire cast.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

Yup, that's why I will be buying them. What the heck are you doing on a message board if you don't want to discuss the details?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I agree. We're not saying we're going to NOT purchase the damn sets. We're just a little annoyed that the studio can put so much time and resources into remastering the episodes, but won't even put out accurate cover art.

Seth--L

Screenwriter

The details are the contents of the disc. The box it comes in is just something to shield the disc from being damaged.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

Excellent point. I guess that's why so many of them are blank. That decides it people! Please no one else dicuss the cover art since Seth can't help but read our posts.

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Well that's great who made you the final word in cover art though. Art is subjective, as stated before. Personally I love it, it's the greatest F'n cover on earth. Sheesh let it die.

Marc Bax

Second Unit

It's sad that this thread has deteriorated to the point that you needed to add that first line as a disclaimer.

R. Kay

Second Unit
Lets get back to the show itself people! Enough with the stupid box art complaints. Who cares!! Make one up yourself if its so devastating.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

How about realizing that we are going to discuss whatever the hell we want to discuss?

Nobody said it was "devastating". We find it peculiar and therefore we mentioned it. We are discussing details about the overall release of the show. That's the purpose of this thread. There's no rule against discussing cover art. Ignore our posts or try to change the subject if you want.

Now back to topic: I just looked at the cover art for season 3 again. George looks a little out of character; I'm devastated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks