What's new

Merged Seinfeld DVD Thread (includes announcement discussion) (1 Viewer)

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
With MSRP's of $49.95, these should end up costing about the same as the Simpsons season sets, $30-$35 apiece, which is great news.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Originally I had thought about purchasing the gift set, but the more I hear about the more I think I will pass on it and just go for the season sets seperately.

*still my most anticipated tv show on dvd*

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'll definitely get the 2 sets upon release. I contemplated getting the gift set until I realized what a rip it is. To me, it's not worth paying an extra $20 for salt & pepper shakers, a deck of cards, and a script. I guess it may be worth it do diehard fans, but I just like the show, plain and simple, and don't need the memorabilia which surrounds it.

The extras sound amazing. Castle Rock & Columbia/Tri-Star are obviously putting a lot of care into these sets. I also like the fact that we're getting seasons 1-3 in one shot. I hope they double up on future seasons. It'd be great.

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Yeah, it seems like fans have much better ideas for the gift set than the producers do. Perhaps if they do any more in the future they should listen to the great, but perhaps unrealistic, ideas that fans have up their sleeves. (I'd love a tweety bird pez dispenser by the way).

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Well, well, well, all that fussing for nothing. Head on over to The Digital Bits and have a look at the new Seinfeld cover art. Bask in it's feature banner free glory. Marvel at the strikingly consistent design style and layout... Then decide what to hate about it next :D .

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Artwork has become much improved here; the color scheme is nice, and not having the features spelled out for us on the cover any longer is the best improvement.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Reminds me of the Curb Your Enthusiasm box.... I don't mind it. I hated the previous ones. The gift set still looks lame, so I'll pass on that one.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
So I wonder how they will release the next seasons? Do you think they will do 4 and 5 at the same time? I hope they don't make us wait long for the sets.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Definitely much better, I'm surprised they didn't use a different color for each season set like most TV sets do.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Ah, a better cast photo, too. They weren't even in character in some (or all, I can't remember) of the shots used on those survey mockups.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

I was "fussing" because the pictures on the cover were not from the applicable season, which still applies. Ladies and Gentlemen...Round 2.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I wonder what they'll do about the voice of Newman in the Season 2 episode "The Revenge." Originally Larry David did the voice of Newman, who was not a regular character at the time. The syndicated version has replaced the original audio with the voice of Wayne Knight, who later played Newman. I hope the original audio is available somewhere on the DVD.

More significant changes were made to the Season 4 episode "The Handicap Spot," which featured George's dad, played by John Randolph. The syndicated version of this episode has entire scenes that were reshot with Jerry Stiller in the role of Frank Costanza. I will be very disappointed if we don't see both versions on the eventual Season 4 DVD. (This brings up the question of why they didn't refilm the Season 1 episode "The Stakeout," in which Morty Seinfeld is played by a different actor. Maybe they just didn't think they could match the old scenes well enough, I don't know.)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about the M.A.P.--does this mean that they can't sell it for less? Or will they just have it say "Low price" on the advertisements?

Greg Madsen

Second Unit

Well the press release says "feature the original NBC network versions, 1-2 minutes longer than the syndicated versions and not seen since their original broadcast runs."

This should mean that the originally broadcast episodes should be on there. They really should include the changed scenes on their somewhere for completion sake.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks