What's new

Mallrats: why do they say the magic eye picture is a sailboat when it isn't? (1 Viewer)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
It's a schooner.
laugh.gif

------------------
Rich
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Honestly Jeremy, do you really care? :)
------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Jeremy, you're just bitter because you can't see the sailboat; Sorry dude, some people just weren't meant to see the sailboat. :)
[Edited last by Ben Motley on August 20, 2001 at 07:35 PM]

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Does this mean that nobody knows? Does somebody have and address or edress or both for View Askew so I can ask them?
Jeremy, please tell us your kidding.
"Oooh look, it's a schooner."
"You dumb bastard, it's not a schooner, it's a sailboat."
"A schooner is a sailboat poo-poo head."
"And you know what!?!?!? THERE IS NO EASTER BUNNY! OVER THERE IS JUST SOME GUY IN A SUIT!"
biggrin.gif

------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Jeremy,
Did you actually freeze fame and stare at the screen? Does it actually work from video?
-vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Vince
It actually DOES work. If I recall correctly, I believe it was a circle, triangle, square and rectangle. Someone please correct me if I am wrong as it has been a while since I did this.
------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Tim Raffey

Stunt Coordinator
Jeremy,
The script likely said sailboat (probably for the schooner line, or maybe because it seems like something that would be portrayed in a magic eye picture), but since you (or at least I) wouldn't really expect someone to actually check, they probably didn't consider finding an actual magic eye of a sailboat a top priority. Out of the dozens of times I've seen the movie, I've just taken their word that it's a sailboat.

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I watched the trailer first and when it came up I paused it and it worked. I have a Toshiba 40H80 but had to move closer than my normal spot. I have very little trouble viewing those 3D pictures from years of taking and viewing 3D photos. I remember when Film Threat ran its cover article on Mallrats and they printed the Magic Eye poster for Mallrats which was nothing more than the title.
jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks