1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

LOTR Extended?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AdamZ, Jul 26, 2002.

1. AdamZ

AdamZ Well-Known Member

I want to buy this but I am afraid that they will release a trilogy boxset later on. Anyone know if there will be a trilogy box set with like a four disc set for each movie so there will be maybe 12-13 discs?

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Well-Known Member

Probably, in three or four years. That said, since the current extended release in November has 4-5 discs already, get that and just ignore the box set when it invariably arrives, knowing you'll have an adequate set already.

3. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Well-Known Member

You can bet on it. But I wouldn't wait just for a box, considering the extended versions will all be released seperatly.

Also note that it says Extended Version. I think when all the films are out on DVD they will release a Director's Cut of each one. Just to soak up as much $$$ as they can.

4. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Well-Known Member

I recall that Jackson might want to re-release to video all three films after the last one hits the theaters and make a super-long-mini-series version with all the footage he wanted put back in so that it's a much more complete version of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy unhindered by time constraints.

However, I could be mistaken.

Dan

5. Aaryn Chan

Aaryn Chan Well-Known Member

You're right. They have said there will be a "Extended Cut Two Towers" and I suppose there'll also be a "Extended Cut ROTK". Alas, they might plan to do something will the trilogy. I hope by that time, we won't have 15 disc, but more like 3 Super-H.DVD.

6. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Well-Known Member

Dan, I remember something along the lines of this too. How I remember what I either read or saw in an interview, was that after all three films have been released to DVD, he may go back and re-edit them together, to form one epic adventure. Goes right along the lines of the mini-series you mentioned. Could you imagine having to go through six dvd's just to see a movie ;P

7. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Well-Known Member

Well hopefully you would be getting up sometime in that 10 hours anyway [​IMG]
    I doubt they would come out with a huge stuck together series at the end. Even if they did, it couldn't be all on one disc, or even two disc. So why spend 100 bucks when you could just throw in your SE disc and have the same effect? I may eat my words. Because I said before I wouldn't buy the two editions coming out this year, but I probably will.

8. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Well-Known Member

Life is too short to skimp on LOTR . Buy 'em all I say.

9. MikeFR

MikeFR Well-Known Member

I told myself I wasnt going to buy both, but I quickly realised that there is no way that I can wait until november [​IMG]

10. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Well-Known Member

11. Aaryn Chan

Aaryn Chan Well-Known Member

They ARE gonna make something special. The producer said it.

12. Bill McCamy

Bill McCamy Well-Known Member

If Two Towers has an extended boxed version to match LOTR, I'd expect the two towers to be the obvious bookends. Similarly, with ROTK, the castles from Rohan and Minas Tirith will likely be the bookends.

The marketing in 2004 of the regular ROTK, the extended ROTK, the collector's extended ROTK, and then the three movie sets (in several permutations?) could be staggering.

13. Kami

Kami Well-Known Member

And i will own them all. I am new line's bitch.

14. JohnE

JohnE Well-Known Member

Hell, if they all are as good as FOTR, I might just as well hand my Visa over to Newline right now. They own me! I will be buying every new set they release.[​IMG]

15. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Well-Known Member

Amen to that!