What's new

Lost: Season Four (1 Viewer)

Louis C

Supporting Actor

Actually, that makes sense. They may want Kate to get pregnant.

IIRC, the Others are trying to fix it so women can carry to term without dying. Why risk the lives of 'their own' when they can just use the Losties?

Granted, Sun may be enough for them, but it is certainly plausible they want more subjects in the pipeline for their tests.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I don't know about that. As good as this show continues to be, I think the network will be hard-pressed to sustain viewer interest for 4 more seasons. I don't think they can make it. There has been steady (and fairly significant) erosion since season two, and unless something dramatic happens to curtail the falloff when Lost moves to its new timeslot on Thursdays, I don't think that will change much. Not that I agree with it mind you, I am just stating a fact...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Obviously, it varies on your definition of 'fairly significant' but the average number of viewers for S2 was 15.5 million and the average for S3 was 14.6 million. I know there was plenty of news stories that talked about the ratings decline of Lost but they quite conveniently always used the S2 premiere's gigantic number of 23 million to compare the S3 ratings to. The S2 premiere was the height of the show's popularity so comparing that number to an average episode is always going to look bad (and that's exactly what the stories wanted to do).

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Having just finished season 3 on DVD, it looks like I'll be watching this season on ABC instead of waiting for the DVDs, since there isn't much else going on because of the writers' strike.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
I finished ``Lost'' S3 on Blu-Ray last night...how sad to see Jack so messed up in that ohmigod season finale. Was a lot of fun watching that one and the preceding episode ``Greatest Hits'' again. Can't wait to watch the extras on the set as I await the opener of S4 in whatever fashion we get on Jan. 31!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Those of you with some type of video Ipod can go to Itunes and download for free, Lost's 8:15
Everything you need to know(to get caught up with) for season 4 in 8 minutes and 15 seconds. :)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Six days until LOST returns! I don't if I can handle the wait.

For those who don't already know, the Season 3 finale will be shown on Wednesday, January 30 and a recap show will be shown before the new LOST episode on Thursday.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
If you miss it you will have another opportunity to view Season 4's first episode before next weeks second episode.

My real gut feeling for this year is that it will be revealed that Vincent the Dog is the real power behind everything. He's the only LOST member to be totally unaffected by the goings on on the island; thus, he must be the cause of them. Can't wait for his flashback episode.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Probably old news, but there is an 8 min recap of the entire show on the ABC LOST website that is as hilarious as it is accurate.

--
H

Steve Kuester

Second Unit
Regarding the 8 shows that they have yet to do for season 4, I wouldn't mind if they ran those 8 (2nd half of season 4) this fall. Then they could continue with their plan of 16 ep seasons starting Jan/Feb of '09. All this depends on the strike being over, of course.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
The producers have already said that Feb 20th is the cut off date for the Writers strike to come to a conclusion and for them to finish the last 8 episodes in time for Season 4.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
OK I am confused. How many season 4 episodes are we getting today? These "2-hour premiere" things that are really just one hour of new episode are starting to piss me off.

Aaargh I get it. Figures they wouldn't "piss away" 2 of the handful of eps they managed to get in the can pre-strike in a single night. And with the possible exception of the pilot, LOST season openers are always 1h.

I just hate that I fell for the deceitful 2-hour "event" nonsense :thumbsdown:.

--
H

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Well that was a heck of a start to the season. Hurley ruled tonight and his fate as part of the Oceanic 6 is pretty grim.

Best laugh out moment - Ben asking Jack for permission to go with Locke.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Nice follow up to the awesome finale.

Ben asking to to with Locke lol.

One thing is for sure, after 20 billion commercias for Eli Stone, I will not be watching that show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks