1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost: Season Four

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by TravisR, Dec 14, 2007.

1. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

2. Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin Screenwriter

ABC did a smart thing putting it Thursdays at 9PM, knowing that CSI will be only reruns if the WGA strike continues as it has.

It will make for a VERY odd evening though, with the sweetness and dramedy that is the delightful Ugly Betty, paired with the dark, intense, compelling, ridiculously frustrating yet who among us can look away (?) LOST.

Boy oh boy this is gonna be one HELL of an interesting time on that island this time out.

3. KurtEP

KurtEP Supporting Actor

I can't wait. My only problem is that after seeing a few episodes of season 3 on Blu Ray, I'm really going to want to see this in HD. Might have to finally spring for HD cable.

4. Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor Supporting Actor

Great news - I was concerned that the strike would delay the season [​IMG]

The wife and I absolutely LOVE that show.

5. pitchman

pitchman Screenwriter

Gary
    Here is a bit more about LOST season four from AP. Be warned, there is a bit of spoiler near the end of the article regarding the season three finale, so if you have watched all of season three yet, don't read paragraph 8.

6. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    Hmmm is this is a good thing though? Half a season to air and then how long we will have to wait? I am leaning towards them holding off until they are sure all Season 4 episodes can be aired without interruption.

7. pitchman

pitchman Screenwriter

Gary
    Good point, Lou. But, since this season is already toast, we may reach a point where any new scripted fare is sure to generate a large viewing audience. If that is the case, I doubt ABC (or any other network) will sit on ANYTHING. Personally, the thought of hours and hours of reality every night is enough to make me tune out completely. Except for Idol, of course... [​IMG]

8. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    Damn - I was with you Gary until you spoiled the illusion by mentioning Idol.[​IMG]

Running with the first 8 episodes of Lost is going to be a bad experience for us as Lindlehoff and Cruse have said the last episode will not make a very good ending point.

9. contantgawping

contantgawping Auditioning

Nooo! Another season of Lost that I won't be able to stop watching! Sigh, shows like that feed off your rage, I say. You're angry that you STILL DON'T KNOW ANYTHING, and you're hoping that the next episode will give you answers!

10. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Really cool looking extended commercial for S4. Needless to say, some spoilers are in it.

Lost - Home - ABC.com

11. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

It is a very cool promo. What I found really quite interesting was that it completely changed my impression of what the fourth season will be like.
    While the last season ended with everyone thinking they would get off the island, I did not think it would happen at this stage in the story. But based on that ad, it seems they might do. Which will be interesting, because it will result in even more fragmented episodes - events for those people that leave the island, events for those that stay on the islands, as well as flasbacks/forwards. It could be an interesting challenge to keep control on these elements. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do with that.

12. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    I saw a preview for season 4 at the movies the other night, in front of I Am Legend. Looks very good. No start date given, just "coming in 2008."

Of course, we know now that the new season begins Jan. 31.

13. Southpaw

Southpaw Supporting Actor

Just finished up season 3's extras on Blu-ray. This is my favorite show and I am so pumped they are at least going to give us 8 eps. Jan 31st can't come soon enough!!!!!

14. Firebee

Firebee Supporting Actor

Could part of the move to Thursday nights at 10 (arrgghhh!) be to complete escape from ``American Crapdol''?

15. Firebee

Firebee Supporting Actor

I got ``Lost'' S3 on Blu-Ray, too...and have watched the first eight eps thus far (I saw it all last season on air, of course!) and it looks simply awesome in Blu-Ray on my Sony 46" LCD TV. Can't wait for the new season to start! [​IMG]

16. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Screenwriter

Damn, I shouldn't have read that spoiler about what season 4 is going to be about.

17. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

You're off by an hour [​IMG] but I actually saw Damon Lindelof say that he was happy with any time that didn't put the show on against American Idol.

18. David Deeb

David Deeb Supporting Actor

David

DO IT. Absolutely! I can't watch anything but HD channels. If you have BluRay and don't have HD cable, get it. You'll love it.

19. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

If you're talking about my post, if it makes you feel better, I was just speculating based on the ad, and after rewatching it, I'm not so sure that I'm correct.

20. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    I'm a huge Lost fan, so I'll be in here after every episode discussing and probally arguing[​IMG]
    And for the first time in my Lost viewing I will absolutely not look at any spoilers
    I'm being good[​IMG]