What's new

Looking for advice on cheap amp and hard hitting 6x9's. (1 Viewer)

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I've got a 1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS. (It's not a car I want to put a huge system in)

Currently I have a Pioneer DEH-P4100 head unit, Infinity Reference 6.5" separates in the front and Rockford Fosgate 6.5" coax's in the rear. No amps.

I don't want to go the sub route because 1) money and 2) I need all my trunk space. So I'm looking for a good cheap 4-channel amp (like Profile, JBL, etc) to power my Infinity's up front along with a hard hitting pair of 6x9's in the rear.

For the amp I was looking for something that had adjustable bass boost and around 50w per channel of power.
(JBL, MTX Road Thunder, Phoenix Gold Octane, Lanzar, Profile CL series, etc.)

For the 6x9's I was hoping to find a set that hit very low (darn near sub level). I realize that basically they will be free-air so I know they won't hit like a dedicated 10". But it will be better than my 6.5"s.
(Pioneer seems to make a nice 6x9 but I just don't know about any others).

Any ideas or suggestions for an amp and 6x9's?

John Styrnol

Agent
Crossfire makes some really nice amps (underrated power, nice prices). Checkout JL Audio (XR) and Diamond Audio (M3) series 6x9s. I'm sure there are others, you need to go out and listen to see what you want.

John

Sean^M

Stunt Coordinator
"hard hitting 6x9" is an oxymoron.
6x9 speakers by their very nature are fairly poor performers, but yeah the XR line would be a good bet if you refuse to use a sub, although a sub sounds like exactly what you want.

JBL or Kicker for the amplifier.
P80.4 or KX300.4 respectively.

use a proper amp wiring kit when you get the amp.
if you're going to do anything, do it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks