What's new

cheap but decent speakers? (1 Viewer)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Ive got a '94 Integra sedan, and I want to replace the fronts (6.5") and rears (6x9). I dont want to spend a ton of money. I have a nice Alpine deck and subs, and a large amp. I have 4 way Pioneer 6x9's but I feel they are just about out of life. The fronts are stock, and those are the ones Im mainly concerned with. Id like seperate component speakers but I'll settle for some normal ones as long as they sound good and arent expensive. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I dont really have a budget, but since the fronts are my main concern, Id like to stay between $100-$150 for a pair, but I mean, I want something that sounds decent. Cause if its going to sound like ass I'd just rather hold out. Do you know of any make/models that are a good bang for a buck?

Chris_Liberti

Stunt Coordinator
for the front I would go with the CDT CL-61 (these go for $150 at the zeb) and for the rear go with the CL-5X (coaxial 5.25") and use a 6x9" to 5.25" adapter. The CDT Classic line is considered to be one of the best bang for your buck speakers

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
if you want CDT i can give you an email for a guy who gets my CDT stuff. If you want coaxials i believe he has/had a good sale on some CL series.

OK here's his contacts
Email - [email protected]
AIM - djdilliodon

...he's a good seller. i got great prices on my stuff. I bought the TW-25t tweets for 35$ shipped when they sell for about 100$.

Sai

Auditioning
djdilliodon is a really great guy and a great seller. I bought the CDT ef comps speaker from him for $152 shipped. They usually go for $300. The best part of it is he is an autherized dealer too.

$100-$150 for a pair of speakers is plently. The question is do you plan to amp the speakers. If you do, I highly recommend componets speakers. Again, IM djdilliodon and see what deals he got going. If you dont plan to amp it, go with coax. speakers. Some good coax speakers that will work well on a non-ampped system are JL audio VR series, Alpine type R, and Focals. All of them start at about $100 a pair for the 6.5 and about $130 for the 6x9 on ebay. Exspect to pay $150-$200 if you shop at retail.

If you really want to save money, go with pioneer. They are really good for the money. You can find them for under $80 for there top of the line coax.

What ever you do, I would go with Pioneer 6x9, I think they make the best 6x9.

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
Boston Acoustic 6x9s were better IMO. Also try Polk Audio, the Momo line is very nice and can take a pretty good beating.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I think Im gonna have to tough it out for now though, I found out I have a kid on the way. So Im looking at a new vehicle all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks