What's new

List of Paramount catalog titles for Oct - Dec. (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I saw this list over at DVDTALK and I thought I would post it over here for those who don't frequent that forum:

October 14-
BLACK SUNDAY
THE BROWNING VERSION
LIPSTICK
STAR TREK V: COLLECTOR'S EDITION
THAT WAS THEN...THIS IS NOW

October 21-
CAPTAIN CRONOS: VAMPIRE HUNTER
DRAGONSLAYER
FRANKENSTEIN AND THE MONSTER FROM HELL

November 11-
COOL WORLD
FAIRYTALE: A TRUE STORY

November 18-
JOSEPH ANDREWS
KING DAVID
THE LAST TYCOON
OLIVER'S STORY
ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST
PRETTY BABY

November 25-
THE LAST OF THE RED HOT LOVERS
THE OUT-OF-TOWNERS (1970)
PLAZA SUITE
STAR SPANGLED GIRL

December 2-
THE GREAT GATSBY
HUD
THIS PROPERTY IS CONDEMNED
WUTHERING HEIGHTS (1992)
YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES

I'm so happy that Paramount is finally releasing The Out-of-Towners & Hud on DVD! (of course OUATITW is the creme de la creme of these releases, but I knew that was coming for a while).

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Nice to see that there isn't a single title that I would like...oh well...my money for DVD's for the rest of year is claimed by many other a movie company....

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Perhaps this list is not complete. I don't see The Indiana Jones Trilogy on there.

Neil

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
An underwhelming list to be sure, though I am excited about Once Upon a Time in the West and maybe Hud. Nothing else, though.

My major disappointment:

The Miracle of Morgan's Creek (Preston Sturges/1944) is still MIA, though it was rumored to be up for release this year. [Please, Mr. Blythe, give me a sign that we'll see it early in 2004!]

And No Bertolucci on the horizon (The Conformist and 1900).

::sigh::

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Wow some great titles coming.

Once Upon a Time in the West was way overdue for DVD and is a must have film.

Black Sunday, Captain Kronos, and Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell are personal favorites I have been waiting for.

Paramount transfers should be stellar on all these.

Add Indy Trilogy to this and a Big Thanks to Paramount for some of the best releases for the end of this year.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure which list some of you folks are looking at, :) but I'm pretty happy with this list. For myself, the following additions to my collection will be most welcome.

BLACK SUNDAY
THE BROWNING VERSION
CAPTAIN CRONOS: VAMPIRE HUNTER
DRAGONSLAYER
COOL WORLD
THE LAST TYCOON
ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST
PRETTY BABY
THE OUT-OF-TOWNERS (1970)
THE GREAT GATSBY
HUD
WUTHERING HEIGHTS (1992)
YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES

- Walter.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I agree with you Walter, there are 13 titles on that list that I'll be buying too, especially since most of them will be $14.95 retail or less.

There are a lot of titles that Paramount hasn't put out yet that I want, (Conformist, 1900, Four Flies on Grey Velvet, Murder on the Orient Express, Day of the Locust, Phase IV, Robinson Crusoe on Mars, I Married a Monster From Outer Space, Goodbye Columbus, Looking for Mr Goodbar...), but at the rate they are releasing titles, I'm pretty confident most of them will be released in the not too distant future (unlike studios such as Universal).

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I, too, am very satisfied with this list. Studios can't (and shouldn't) release all of their catalog too quickly. In fact, Paramount has been more generous than most in doing so during the past few years, probably in response to our begging them to do so four or five years ago. They are releasing catalog titles much more rapidly on DVD now than they ever did on laser disc. I applaud their efforts and the quality of their DVD's (but wish trailers could be included more often!). Personally, I can think of only a dozen or so additional titles from this studio that I am really anxious for (many of those listed above as well as RAGTIME, NAKED JUNGLE and NAKED PREY), but if Paramount isn't careful, they will exhaust their prime catalog titles too early on for this still relatively new format.

Claude North

Second Unit
What? No one here is excited about the release of LIPSTICK? Margeaux Hemingway in an evening gown, brandishing a rifle?

It is a somewhat disappointing list. However, if Paramount is willing to release a lesser title such as LIPSTICK, then perhaps they will be receptive to suggestions for prestige titles and better-quality lesser-known titles.

Personally, I would love to see DVD releases of LET'S SCARE JESSICA TO DEATH and RED LINE 7000. Neither one seems to be a likely candidate for release, but if LIPSTICK warrants a release, who knows?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Martain Blythe was over on DVDtalk forum once soliciting feedback for upcoming titles- he offered a bunch of titles and asked which ones would most warrant SE material.
i remember This Property Is Condemned as well as Captain Kronos being in that list, along with Foul Play, Murder On The Orient Express, If, and a few others.

maybe the ones that aren't showing up now are having supplemental material being worked on-

i for one would love to see a Hawn/Case commentary for FP.

also at this time i would like to take credit for Captain Kronos.
i suggested that they should track down Caroline Munro who is doing the convention circuit, for a commentary and it seems they actually listened to me :D.
i hope the film is good, i've never seen it, but am looking forward to.

BTW- at the same time i also mentioned how much Let's Scare Jessica To Death was desired...i really hope that registered.
that along with Ace In The Hole and Love With The Proper Stranger are my most wanted Paramount titles.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Wow. Kind of surprised they are releasing JOSEPH ANDREWS (which has been out of print on VHS since the 80's) but not a lot of the bigger Paramount titles.

Kenneth English

Second Unit
Black Sunday
Once Upon a Time in the West
The Great Gatsby
Young Sherlock Holmes

Great news -- I've been waiting for all of these!
Man, this year is turning out to be verrrry expensive (but in a good way). :)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
ARGHH! Still no "Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse"!.
I feel your pain since I have been waiting a long time for Hearts of Darkness as well. I have heard that Francis Ford Coppola doesn't want it on DVD, so maybe that's why we haven't heard anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks