What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Kung Fu: The Legend Continues in Germany? (1 Viewer)

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
Could anyone tell me if this is an official release of Kung Fu: The Legend Continues, season one, in Germany?

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B002KKKAB2/ref=s9_simz_gw_s0_p74_t1?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1507BD0D4S0SZ846DK23&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463375173&pf_rd_i=301128

It's on the German Amazon site. However, the artwork looks very crude. But perhaps they haven't gotten the official artwork yet. If it is official.

Thanks.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Paula, here is a hint:

Studio: Warner Home Video

Studios will often release their movies or television shows in markets where it'll sell better. Since it hasn't been released in the United States, Warner Brothers may have simply decided to release it in Europe where they have a better indication that it will sell better in Europe.

Also, european countries always list the rating on their releases. See the "16" in the blue square? That's the rating for what ages the release is intended for.

More than likely? It's an official release.

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Mark. I did think it was official for all the reasons you name, plus it was on an actual Amazon site. But I wanted some confirmation because there are so many bootlegs out there.

David Carradine has a lot of German fans -- they will be jumping up and down for joy that they get an official release. Meanwhile, we Region 1 fans will continue to sulk. :)

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I would order it but the price is outrageous after you add in almost $20 for shipping that the German Amazon will add on. I will keep watching my "alternate" set thanks.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Cajun, that is very bad advice you are offering.

Of course you are going to pay more for shipping. After all, you are ordering "International" and you never think about shipping when ordering "International Shipping." This is the only way to purchase a legal copy of this set.

You never factor in the shipping costs when deciding if a DVD you want to order is worth it.

WendyCR

Stunt Coordinator
I have ordered international DVDs through Amazon UK and the prices did not seem that bad with shipping. But maybe Amazon.de is higher.

But a good question to ask is if there is an English track on this set if people are considering ordering the series there. Don't some countries dub besides using subtitles, etc.?

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
the UK Amazon charges a lot less than the German Amazon for shipping. I have used both and prefer amazon uk to the German Amazon for that reason.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully, if true. We might see this released in the US....Or at least Canada.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
The listing specifies "Sprache: Deutsch, Englisch, Französisch". I think that means there is an English audio track.

Originally Posted by WendyCR

But a good question to ask is if there is an English track on this set if people are considering ordering the series there. Don't some countries dub besides using subtitles, etc.?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks