What's new

Judd Apatow mentions "Freaks and Geeks" possibly coming to DVD in 2003 (1 Viewer)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
And we're now at 7100! Anybody wanna hazard a guess had to how many we're gonna need for Dreamworks to take it seriously?

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone have any idea how many signatures will be needed before Dreamworks starts to consider an F&G release. As of now, 18826 people have signed up to the mailing list, which really is quite a lot.

Wasn't My So-Called Life released following a similar mailing list? Anyone know how many people signed up to that? (Just for comparison)

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I believe I saw somewhere that 15,000 was the goal but now that I try to verify it I can't remember where I saw it, so I can't be sure.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Judd hasn't checked in at the boards over at freaksandgeeks.com for a while. Hopefully he and Paul are working out the details with Dreamworks and we'll get good news soon. I hope.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Just checked the site - the mailing list has over 20,000 people signed up! 20083 as of now.
Bill - you mentioned hearing that 15,000 signups was the goal. I'm just wondering whether that could be that fact that in post 43 Steve said "Anybody wanna hazard a guess had to how many we're gonna need for Dreamworks to take it seriously?", and then in the next post he updated us with the then-current total of 15,004. A quick reading of the thread might mislead one to assume that the 15,004 was a response to the eariler question.
Of course, if there is reference elsewhere to a target of 15,000, I would be interested as it is well exceeded by now.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Actually, when I posted that it was at 15,004 I was just bumping (which had been dormant for about a month) the thread with an update of the number of e-mail addresses that had been aquired. Didn't mean to mislead anyone.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Steve - I knew you were bumping the thread, I was just suggesting that it might possibly have been misread by someone.
But the mailing list is still going strong. It's up to 20189, an increase of 100 in 24 hours. Not bad.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Judd Apatow posted this over at the Freaks and Geeks message board
We are currently in discussions about how to get this done. The 20,000 signatures made a huge difference! It is still tough, but we are closer than we have ever been and I am hammering away. Thank you for all the hard work. IT WILL GET DONE.
Excellent news from Judd. Let's hope that all goes well and we get F+G on DVD ASAP.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Woo-Hoo!
For anyone wanting to see the actual post, here it is.
I cannot wait for the day when I can place a pre-order for this one.
Most anticipated DVD:
Star Wars OT? - No
Indiana Jones? - No
LOTR? No
FREAKS AND GEEKS!!!!

Marc_Savoie

Stunt Coordinator
I thought Joan Jett did the opening song?...Yes? No?
"I don't give a damn about my BAD REPUTATION!..."

These are very cool words from Judd!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks