What's new

Jack Black + Ben Stiller + Barry Levinson = Envy. Looks funny too. (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
First-time screenwriter, veteran director, and a cast that also inlcudes Christopher Walken, Rachel Weisz and Amy Poehler...count me in.

Have a look at the trailer and tell me it don't look funny. :D

Envy comes out on August 15th courtesy of Dreamworks (in the U.S.) and Columbia Tri-Star (basically everywhere else).

I've seen plenty of Jack Black and Ben Stiller flicks that looked great out of the chute and then kinda stunk on arrival. I sense something better here.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
That does look hilarious...Chris Walken looks great as usual.

I'll be there.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I always give Ben Stiller the benefit of the doubt. This looks like it could be a winner. Plus Chris as a crazy old prophet of revenge should be worth the price of admission.

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
Yeah, looked pretty good. Still, I can't seem to get passed the fact that the plot resembles the one used in "Splitting Heirs" with Eric Idle. This on looked funnier though...

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Saw the trailer in front of Charlies Angels today and it does look really funny...I'll see it...Chris Walken + Jack Black = Genius! :D

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I concur. Ben Stiller + Jack Black + Christopher Walken =
me in line opening night. Even if it were directed by Michael Bay.

Brenton

Screenwriter
I consider myself pretty picky in terms of what I find funny, but this looks hilarious!

"VA-POO-RISE!!"

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
A little iffy on Jack Black, but I really like Ben Stiller and will give anything he does a chance. Plus Rachel Weisz...always a plus.

The trailer is funny...Jack Black appears toned down from his usual level of frenetic, which is good.

Brenton

Screenwriter

I like the line that says "Every day, we drive off to do what? To make sandpaper. To make paper... with sand on it." The sheer frustration with life you can hear in his voice is hysterical. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks