What's new

Is Paradigm pulling a fast one with sig series (1 Viewer)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
If you got all day I can point you to alot of speakers I feel that are 3 or more times better. Some 5 or so times better TO ME.

In the end its all an opinion due to the way speakers sound. To each their own.

Levesque

Supporting Actor
It's your opinion John. I did spent 2 weeks with both set-up and the mids were alot better with the Sigs, IMHO.

100, CC-570, 20 and 40 compared with S8, C5 and 2 pair of S2 for 2 full weeks, and the mids with the v3 were "muddy"...

And BTW, I got my full Sigs set-up at 1/2 MSRP, so at that price, nothing can really touch them... :D

No need to talk more about something so personnal about preferences about speakers. What's sound good to me can sound bad to another, that's why we have to go out and listen with our own ears!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The Sigs are easily better than the Studios, and the midrange is the most noticable improvement. The tweeters sound similar. The Signatures make the Studios sound like there is a rag sitting over the midrange though, so I am not disagreeing with you. I always felt the Studios had less than stellar midrange, which is why I did not purchase them. Had I not heard the Joseph Audio speakers in the identical setup, I would not have even noticed the midrange on the Sigs - and that is still saying a lot, because the Josephs are an exceptional speaker in my book. I'd have no complaints about owning Sigs.

The Sigs are definitely the best speakers Paradigm has put out to date.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter

Jason checkout the review of the new Studio 20(v3). The reviewer compares them to speakers 3+times the price of the 20's and they still hold their own.

Paradigm Studio 20(v3) review

For the money the new Studio series are a steal. Is it worth upgrading to the Sig series? Personally I don't think so. Take the money you save and put it into other aspects of your setup or room accoutsics.

Kevin

Robert_Dufresne

Stunt Coordinator
Kevin

That laid back midrange he talks about might be what
Mr Levesque calls "muddy".:D

Anyway, I agree with you and the reviewer, the v3 series is probably the best value Paradigm as ever produced.

Jason Brown

Auditioning

Thanks for the review. Yeah, the Studios are a great bargain. Much more so than the Sigs, I'd say. I just fell in love with what the Signatures can do with vocals and cymbals that the Studios can't. I'm sure I'll be happy with my Studios for the couple of months or so before I can buy the Signatures.

Levesque

Supporting Actor
''Yeah, the Studios are a great bargain. Much more so than the Sigs, I'd say.''

It depends. My dealer had some Verity Audio Sorastro at 53K$ MSRP sitting next to the S8, and after a long listening session, we did feel the S8 were a great bargain compared to the Sorastro (at 13X the cost...), because the difference in sound quality was so small...

You see. Different needs, different budgets, different definitions of a ''bargain''.

The rich American architect from New York that bought the Sorastro tought they were a great bargain... :D

Robert_Dufresne

Stunt Coordinator
It is funny how Josephaudio refers to speakers with metal dome tweeters as sounding like oil cans. I didnt know that Paradigm and B&W made oil cans.:D

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I like metal tweeters, but all of my speakers in my main system are soft domes, which I have always preferred. My bedroom speakers have aluminum tweeters, but with the crossover they use, they don't sound like metal - still crisp, but smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks