What's new

Interesting HD-DVD Release List- (1 Viewer)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Now that really would be interesting, seeing an HD version of a film of that vintage. Since it's such a new restoration and transfer, I'm guessing that Warner did an HD version of it at the same time, so it's not impossible.

Chris Moreau

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking of older films, personally I can hardly wait to see "Singin' In The Rain" and "The Wizard Of Oz" in HD. If you've seen the the recent SD releases of these, which were made using Warner's Ultra-Resolution process, you know that the image is absolutely jaw-dropping. (This is the process where the original Technicolor three-strip negatives are combined electronically, instead of optically or by dye transfer.)

Considering what the current DVDs look like, the HD versions should be breathtaking.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I'm really pumped for The Searchers. That movie may be the reason i got the player now instead of waiting till fall. Very curious to see how it looks because i remember reading comments from someone high up (maybe Feltenstein, himself) to the effect of "we did the best we could with what we had"- which gives me more concern than optimisim.

I'm also wishing Warner could get up to speed a little quicker- supposedly that was to be one of the benefits of this format over Bd. There are 4 titles on that list i would have picked up this month- but no sign of 'em now.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
My mouth is watering at the prospect of HD DVD's of THE SEARCHERS, THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD and the original KING KONG.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks