1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Inherited an existing system

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Tina Thompson, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member

We recently moved in to a new home that a built in system with Bose speakers installed in the ceiling. The speakers are the only thing left of the system. The speaker wires come out in a location that I do not want to put the TV. Can I put a receiver there that will work with the built ins, and still work with the TV that is approx., twelve feet away?

I'm a total newb at this, would appreciate any kind of detailed advice/recommendations.

TV- 36" LG no wifi, but would be willing to invest in a new TV
    DirecTV-
    Receiver- to be purchased
    Roku

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    All you need to do us run a HDMI from where the AVR goes, to where you chose to put the TV.How long(as in following the walls/ceiling) is the distance?You don't need a new TV. If your TV has apps you intend to use(since you gave no model numbers...guessing)...you'll either use ARC(again, no clue...no mention of the TV model) or run a toslink/coax (again, no mention of the TV model).What is your AVR budget?Want it to be network controlled via Android/Apple?What Bose speakers are these?