What's new

Infocus 4805 DLP Projector, needs bulb. (1 Viewer)

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
I hate parting with this projector because it produces a beautiful image and has served me well ..however I cannot afford a bulb right now since I just bought a small LCD TV and don't watch alot of movies in the summer and I hate to have it just sitting there.

I will buy a new projector in the fall after motorcycle season is over.

You can buy a refurbed unit for ~$800 ...but you cannot really be sure the bulb is new since the timer can be reset .

So buy this one and a bulb directly from Infocus for about $330 and you know you have a new bulb ..with a warranty.

$350

Jimi C

Screenwriter
How many hours on the unit itself? Its not just the bulb people are worried could fail after time. Just something to consider.

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
Hmm...well it was a refurbed unit to begin with , refurbed from Infocus and purchased from Staples.
It had zero on it when I bought it ...Infocus apparantly resets the refurbs.

I lost count but I think I had 1600-1800 on it. My bulb was not brand new either because I inspected the unit before i fired it up.

Anyways , under 2000 hours since it was refurbished from Infocus...it works perfectly. I was using the component and M1 inputs with excellent results.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
"Hmm...well it was a refurbed unit to begin with , refurbed from Infocus and purchased from Staples.
It had zero on it when I bought it ...Infocus apparantly resets the refurbs."

Interesting. I was under the impression that they put new bulbs in the refurb units.

GrahamMc

Auditioning
Does anybody know for CERTAIN if the 4805 and X1 use the same bulb? I have an X1 and this would be a great way to upgrade.

Graham

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
NO
The X1 lamp was NOT DUAL MODE.
Infocus X1/X1A Lamp / ScreenPlay 4800 all used the same lamp.

James, you have a pm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks