What's new

If this is real, what show is it? (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
My sister swears she saw a show on TV with Tom Bosley smoking in the Brady Bunch house. No, she doesn't do drugs. What the hell could this be?

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
It sounds like last week's That '70's Show.

Their house has a Brady-like staircase.

But Bosley didn't appear on that set at any point in the show.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I remember seeing Tom in a cameo as a therapist in a sitcom last week. Unfortunately I don't remember which show it was.....

Edit: I just looked it up and it was "That 70's Show" that he played a therapist.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It would have been filmed in the '70s, I think. It gets weirder. She says Marion Ross was on there, and their son was played by Robbie Rist. I think she saw this when she was pregnant, so maybe it was the hormones. :D

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Are you sure she isn't confusing Mr. and Mrs. Cunningham with Mr. and Mrs. Howell? Natalie Schafer and Jim Backus were guest stars on two of the 6 Robbie Rist episodes of The Brady Bunch.

Otherwise, there's nothing in Robbie Rist's credits that puts him in that house with those stars.

Brad

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
She knows the Brady Bunch backward and forward, so she's not confusing it. I don't know what the deal might be. I've probably run the same searches you ran and also came up empty.
There is one possibility. It might have been some PBS adaptation. I know I saw some completely crazy play-for-TV with Jean Stapleton and Rue McClanahan as scientists who worked with a singing dolphin or some such craziness, and that doesn't show up on the IMDb, either. I think she might have even said it was on PBS.
Edit: Gentlemen, stop the presses! We have our first tangible evidence of this thing, in the form of a newsgroup post from 1993!
That's funny -- I remember some film from when I was in grade school (?) that I seem to think might have been an anti-smoking film (help me if this sounds familiar!) in the SAME house, and Marion Ross and Tom Bosley were the parents in the house! It too had some SLIGHT variations on the floorplan... Wow, totally forgot about this. Does ANYONE know what I'm talking about here???
Yay, my sister is not crazy! :laugh:

Desilu500

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Yes! I saw this in school as well and no one remembers. So glad I found a few others here that knows of it :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I never saw that but would love to. Probably plenty funny.

Fred Ziffle

Auditioning
Real Name
Todd Sittaro
Yes, I saw that movie. As I recall, it was not for entertainment but was an anti-smoking film that had starred Tom Bosley and was filmed on what clearly is the Brady Bunch set. It's been a while since I had seen it but besides Tom Bosley, I think that there may have been one or two other familiar faces.

I forgot the details but it reminds me of another film/video that was filmed on the Bewitched set that had other than Bewitched actors.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I have no memory of this thread. 11 years ago! :eek: We had better smilies back then, too. Where the is my boggle-eyes animated smiley?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
We had better smilies back then, too. Where the is my boggle-eyes animated smiley?

This one?!?
waaa.gif

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, that's the one! If it's still here, I guess I couldn't find it because I was on my phone.

I just watched a video on the "Mandela Effect." Maybe that's what is going on with these "Tom Bosley in the Brady house" memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks