1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

I just bought a new deck... How'd I do?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by JeremySt, Jul 18, 2004.

1. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

I just bought a Clarion DXZ545MP for $130 shipped. I dont have it yet... should be here in a couple days. I have 2001 Golf, and Im sick of toting around a book of 200 CDs.. I want MP3 capability. I have no interest in spending big bucks on my car audio... it all goes to the HT. I just want simplicity in the car. Ill be using the stock speakers. Im gonna pull the stock deck, and keep it for when I sell the car. Anyone have any opinions on this unit, even though its too late to get something else. [​IMG]

http://www.clarion.com/usa/product/i...duct=DXZ545MP#

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I've always wondered about these threads. "Not much into car audio, only spent $130, I'll be using the stock speakers.. how will it do?" [​IMG] Just breakin ya bawwz.

It'll be functional, and it has aux input.. if you want to plug an adapter into that for a future iPod. Good luck with the install. [​IMG]

3. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Looks like a great deal on a nice unit. Has all the basic without the cool features. It the kind of unit I'd buy!

Install should be pretty simple. Do VWs still use a DIN opening or have they changed it?

Love the Ipod idea since it's a great way to carry 300 CDs with you.

Brent

4. StephenHa

StephenHa Second Unit

clairion is a great hu

5. David.G

David.G Stunt Coordinator

not bad price and definitely functional. You could use more EQ options but it works for you.