What's new

I built myself a Tiki Hut (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
You guys are just too much, that was a great post Mike...HAHAHA! And yes, there are also hints from the Jungle Cruise, one of my most favorite rides.

I'm in the process of revamping the roof today. Pulled all the tin off and putting it on the way I should have the first time. Pics to come...

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I love the new boardwalk, particularly the staggered wedges used for the curved part. That little detail must have taken some time.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I found 35-inch high planter barrels for $69 each at a place called, ironically, " Ron's Home and Hardware". They deliver.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Nice find Bob, but they want $99 shipping ontop of the $69 barrel price. That's exactly what I'm looking for but not for nearly $200. I'll have to make some calls locally and see what I can find.

Here's some updated pics of the roof I redid today...

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
That would never work where I live but I really, really like it. Nice job and thanks for putting up the pics. It always motivates me to see the work of other people.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Cool hut Ron! Nothing I build ever comes out looking half that good. (Perhaps that's why I am not a carpenter...)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Thanks for the comments quys.

Originally Posted by Steve_Tk

Let's see some pictures of your tools and tool shed!
I'll post a pic tomorrow, but it's seriously nothing much, I work with very basic tools.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Here's the shed. Bulit this over 10 years ago...it's roughly 6'x12' with a 7' ceiling. As for tools, a drop saw, circular saw and a few power drills about does it, everything is built with those. I do have a small table top, table saw I use once in a long while.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Added a couple new palms to the backyard yesterday. Found these beauties at Home Depot of all places for $99 each. Quite rare to find unless you hit up the local tropical type plant stands.

This is a Flamethrower. The really cool thing about this one, when the frawn first opens it's bright red for about 10 days.

moz-screenshot-1.png">

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks