What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
phillyrobt said:
There are reports that the Weinstein Organization has picked up T.S. Their track record is pretty good for 3D blu releases (Escape From Planet Earth, Piranha 3DDD). Doubt if they would include the nice sounding book if they do though....

I went ahead with the French release only because it's a hefty package (which I'm a sucker of) and probably won't be repeated elsewhere. A few bucks more than I would have liked but definitely worth not having to wait until who knows when.

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
I got my copy of T.S. Spivet. Wow, it's a hefty and impressive package! Three Blu-rays, two DVDs and the 160 page storybook. The discs are housed in a fold out digipack that has its own slipcover.

Didn't realize it when I bought it, but it's a French film that's in English and made in the U.S. So I'm glad I got the movie from the country where it originated from.

Watched it last night and was very impressed with the movie as a whole. Very unique and moving and rather unpredictable. Something like this would be right up Criteron's alley. I'm going to watch it again with my wife.

The 3D needless to say was awesome. It would have been worth it just for that if the movie were so-so, but having the movie turn out better than expected is a real bonus.

Just a word of warning though, although this movie is about a 10 year old kid, it does has some profanity in it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
You guys are a bunch of arm twisters. :3dglasses:

Let me look at the price again of importing the French release to the U.S.

If it's reasonable, I will purchase it today.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Ronald Epstein said:
You guys are a bunch of arm twisters. :3dglasses:

Let me look at the price again of importing the French release to the U.S.

If it's reasonable, I will purchase it today.
I hope you can get it for a good price. But really Ron, this one is a keeper.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I was reading the BBFC website and it says the production team consulted with the censors.
Precuts information
During post-production, the distributor sought and was given advice on how to secure the desired classification. Following this advice, certain changes were made prior to submission

http://bbfc.co.uk/releases/young-and-prodigious-ts-spivet-2013

I would be very interested in knowing whether the rest of the world gets a different version or if it's the same version.

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
It's about $45 shipped to the U.S. Around $15 higher than what a new release 3D normally sells for, but definitely worth it considering the deluxe packaging. They don't give new releases in the U.S. such special treatment, and I expect this movie will be much trimmed down when it does get released in other markets.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
bruceames said:
It's about $45 shipped to the U.S. Around $15 higher than what a new release 3D normally sells for, but definitely worth it considering the deluxe packaging. They don't give new releases in the U.S. such special treatment, and I expect this movie will be much trimmed down when it does get released in other markets.
Can you tell me the exact running time, the BBFC site says 105 minutes for the UK version, i believe they cut the mother F word out in post-production after consulting UK censors, does the French version have that word or is it the same as the UK edition.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I would also be interested in any censorship issues prior to ordering the French release.

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
FoxyMulder said:
Can you tell me the exact running time, the BBFC site says 105 minutes for the UK version, i believe they cut the mother F word out in post-production after consulting UK censors, does the French version have that word or is it the same as the UK edition.

The French version definitely has the mother F word in it, plus a couple of others. It wasappropo for the scene and I definitely enjoyed it, especially since it was so unexpected. However for those with kids it would be nice to have a version without the F bombs.

I'll let you know the exact run time when I get home from work.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Ronald Epstein said:
I would also be interested in any censorship issues prior to ordering the French release.
It could be that all worldwide editions are the same, i think they wanted a 12A certificate in the UK, that's PG-13 in the USA and can be lower still, i think 10 in France, maybe 12 too, i'm sure the blu ray cover says something about it.

:EDIT: Posting at the same time as Bruce, hmmm the plot thickens, so maybe the UK got a cut version and France got it uncut, this means the BBFC website is misleading when it says the film was passed uncut, pre-cut is still censored.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am about a click away from ordering this. It will cost about $45 to ship.

I am buying this huge deluxe set...

...but it will all be in French, correct? The booklet and supplements?Wouldn't it be better to wait for a UK release?

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Ronald Epstein said:
I am about a click away from ordering this. It will cost about $45 to ship.

I am buying this huge deluxe set...

...but it will all be in French, correct? The booklet and supplements?Wouldn't it be better to wait for a UK release?
The UK version will be a censored edition, from what Bruce says the French one is uncut, i thought it was English language.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
FYI: The deleted scene on the 3D disc is in 3D with the original English audio, but unlike the main feature, it has forced French subtitles. The theatrical trailer also on the BD 3D is in 3D, has the original English audio and forced French subtitles.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The UK version will be a censored edition, from what Bruce says the French one is uncut, i thought it was English language.
The movie has English options (or subtitles) obviously....

...just paying a lot for this movie knowing it is packed with extras that are all in French.

...but it is the movie that I want, and I suppose I have to get the rest of the French extras with it.

This movie is a French film, yes? Maybe not? I am only assuming so since it's only being made available in France.

It's always better to watch in the native language. It's just the subtitles, in 3D mode, that sometimes
become obtrusive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks