What's new

DVD Review HTF Review: The Charlie Chan Chanthology (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
My set arrived today and I've watched the first DVD ("Secret Service").

Outside of the low volume noted above, I have nothing to complain about. The picture quality was very good for this flick; not Casablanca quality, but a very good image overall. I think most Chan fans will be more than pleased with the image quality (several I've already communicated with have all said they are pleased).

I also would like to give kudos to MGM for making the menus and packaging first rate. The box that holds the films is very well done with the Chan image embossed on it as opposed to being merely printed. The discs (which all feature colorful disc art) have menus which feature movie scenes playing in the background. Given the low price point of these films, I didn't expect so much.

MGM should be proud of this set!

Steve

Jason Perez

Second Unit
Hey Steve!

Somehow, I can't get these out of my DVD player! They seem to be growing on me...hopefully we will get ome more Chan soon!!!

Cheers!!!

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

I did some quick checking. This set is in Deep Discount's top 20 best seller list. DVD Empire has it at #25 or #26. Amazon's numbers flucuate, but it's been a top 50 or 60 seller there despite being a $50 purchase.

I am still amazed that Fox said their Chan films, which are considered superior to the Monogram films, wouldn't sell. I would be very interested to see if their thinking on this has changed.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks