What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

HTF Member PatrickL passed away last Sunday (1 Viewer)

RafaelB

Second Unit
Hey Everyone-

If it wasn't for HTF, I would've never met Patrick almost ten years ago and formed a friendship that grew from a love of film into a full-fledged friendship over the years. He hasn't posted here in a little while, although I'm sure many frequent posters will remember his love of Altman, Joni Mitchell, and musicals (which he parlayed into a career as a theatre reviewer in New York with his well-regarded blog JustShowsToGoYou.com).

Patrick had a heart attack in his sleep Sunday night. More information can be found in the links below:

http://www.theproducersperspective.com/my_weblog/2010/06/a-blog-about-a-blogger-.html

showshowdown.blogspot.com

His blog: justshowstogoyou.com

Rest in Peace, Patrick.

Rafael.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Rafael:

Thank you so much for that post. I am so sorry for the loss of your good friend.

I do, indeed, remember PatrickL. He was quite an active member of this board for awhile. I was surprised to see that his last post here was back in 2005.

Thanks for taking the time to think of us here...and to share that information.

You and Patrick's family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Come to think of it...what a nice story that an HTF on-line friendship was able to translate into a "real world" friendship for two of its members.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is shocking news.

I certainly remember Patrick and am quite saddened

to learn of his passing.

My deepest condolences.

RafaelB

Second Unit
Thanks Mike and Ron. Yeah, our chatting on the board morphed into AIM-ing, emails and then (whenever I went into Manhattan) meeting up. As to his absence, Patrick really got involved in journalism and reviewing theatre and that took alot of focus away from the HTF, although we'd still talk about various topics from the board over time.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I took a look at his blog today. It seems to be very well done.

It looks like he will leave quite a void in the immediate Broadway community.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Rafael,

It is very sad to hear of the passing of a fellow HTFer - although I don't post much, I do have vague positive recollections of postings from PatrickL.

My sincere condolences to you and his family.

Regards,

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Rafael,

Thanks for letting us know. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and with your own personal loss of a good friend.

Parker

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'm glad that you let us know, Rafael.

I remember his user name and it's sad that one of the HTF has passed away.

I aways wonder about members who have stopped posting.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for sharing, Rafael. It's good that someone who had an impact on this community is remembered. I'm sorry for your loss. It's not right that people should die at the too-young age of 51. It's clear from what you wrote and what others have wrote that he will be missed; if there's a silver lining, it's that he went out doing what he loved and adding to the collective understanding of the dramatic arts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks