What's new

How far do you sit from your 100" screen? (1 Viewer)

wiredawg

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim Cornett
I am building a HT. My planned seating locations are 10' to the eyes for the first row and 16' for the second row. I know it is technically too close however what is your experience.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I don't think that's too close. I sit about 11' from my 96" screen and I like the distance. Are you projecting 720p or 1080p? I would think that at that distance, you would see the benefits of 1080p if you can swing it.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Screen size is a difficult choice when you have 2 rows of seats. 100" is a little too big for the front row, but too small for back row. I would choose screen size based on YOUR seating distance(front or back row). If you're sitting mostly in back, I would go with a 110" diagonal minimum.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I did what Jim suggests. My seat is in the front so that is where the picture and the sound are the best. If the other people want better sound they should have helped me build the theater.

Nathan Stohler

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan Stohler
My screen is 110", and the front row is about 13-14 feet away and the back row is about 19-20 feet. For HD or even DVDs, I think it's perfect, but a lot depends on your personal taste.

1000x500px-LL-ht1.48.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks