What's new

How can people not wash their hands? (1 Viewer)

Jeff R.

Stunt Coordinator
I am a bit compulsive with hand washing. I probably wash them at least a dozen times a day, sometimes more. This includes after using the restroom, before touching any food, or if I have to touch something dirty.

I think hand washing has another significant benefit. I firmly believe it keeps me healthy. I very rarely get sick. Even if some bug is going around the family or the office, I usually won't get it. I contribute this partly to the fact that I keep my hands very clean.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Fact of the day...

A dish towel is millions of times more dirty (number of bacteria) than most surfaces in a bathroom...

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
greg- you clearly haven't seen my bathroom :frowning:
I figure the germs give my immune system some target practice for the real deal.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
George Carlin has a funny routine related to this: "I don't wash my hands after I take a piss; I know I'm clean. Why do I see all these guys washing their hands?? Maybe they should be washing their dicks instead."

If you pay attention, you'll see many, many people bypass the sink on the way out of the bathroom after taking care of business. I always feel like saying, "dude, dontcha wanna wash those hands?" Even if I didn't feel it was important to wash afterwards, I'd be too embarassed to stroll on outta there without doing so.

As for me, I always flush with my foot. Haven't given much thought, however, to the outgoing door handle.

Jon

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
George Carlin has a funny routine related to this: "I don't wash my hands after I take a piss; I know I'm clean. Why do I see all these guys washing their hands?? Maybe they should be washing their dicks instead."

hehe thats where I got my last post from.. carlin.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Personally, I feel like I should wash my hands BEFORE I do my business.
Man u got that right. Ryan put a humerous spin on the subject but it make perfect sense.

I keep a cup of baking soda by the kitchen and bathroom sink. I prefer to wash off with this rather than the soap that I rarely seem to be able to completely wash off in our hard water. The baking soda also acts as a superior deoderant when bathing our special friend and the briar patch in which he resides.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Next time you follow someone out who didn't wash, point and announce in a loud voice "Didn't wash hands! Didn't wash hands!" :D
It is disgusting, but many, many men don't seem to think it's necessary to wash. And, as the person who started this said, I've had many female friends confirm the same goes for a lot of women.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I remember once seeing a friend not wash his hands after using the washroom. I said "didn't your mother teach you wash your hands?" and he replied with "didn't your mother teach you not to piss on your hands?". Pretty good comeback I would say. The only time I can't wash afterwards is when I'm in a place that I feel it would be grosser to touch the sink and towel dispencer. Of course that is not with a number two as I would rather pass out than go in a place that disgusting.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Daniel:
She was our waitress at the Hardrock Cafe at the Home Theater National meet. It was a fun start to a good trip. I asked if I could get a picture with here, and she proceeded to sit in my lap.
She was quite the beatiful one... no, she didn't come home with me or anything... :b
I didn't wash up afterwards either. ;)
Here's a bigger picture.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
well, this thread has renewed my faith in humanity...okay...well maybe not exactly, but it's definitely nice to hear that other people think that hygiene is somewhat important.
on a side note, i forgot to mention that my girlfriend carries that hand-sanitizer stuff which we always use before we eat dinner...stuff works great. you just rub it on your hands and it dries off almost instantly...no residue or anything.
i'm so glad all the faucets in my workplace are automated...
:)

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Not washing hands after pottying is DISGUSTING! You should see how many guys in my dorm do it! It's so hard for me not to track'em down, drag them back to the restrooms and make them wash their hands. :D And remember, IT DOESN'T COUNT IF YOU DON'T USE SOAP!!!
Actually, I'm an RA(resident assistant) and am going to put up 'flyers' in the bathroom stalls that read: "If you're done crappin, here's what should happen! WASH YOUR HANDS!!!
I will be putting those up today!

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
This thread's making me laugh so much, I might mess my kecks! (Ryan's phrase "sparkling clean penis" sent me into a giggling fit from which I've not quite recovered)
As a side note, does anyone ever eat those bowls of nuts in bars or pubs? DON'T!
If you're drunk, then chances are you'll have jet-sprayed your hands then forgotten to wash them, then we all know what comes next: "Mmmmm...peanuts!"

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
I guess you can count me as one of the "disgusting" people that doesn't always wash his hands after using the bathroom. After a #2 I always do. But I'd say it's about 50/50 after a #1. Just like Ryan said my penis is much cleaner than my hands. So after touching it, I don't feel like I always have to wash up. And I learned a long time ago not to piss on my hands. :)
I don't really have a fear of germs. I hardly ever get sick. If I do, it's usually half as bad as the person I got if from had it.
I read a study that said that all the disinfectants that are used today are leading to weaker immune systems. That's why so many people have allergies these days. We need some germs in our life or our immune system won't be ready for the bigger stuff.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
my penis is much cleaner than my hands
actually, i wonnder about how clean our "area" really is? it's a typically moist, dark environment. isn't that like the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and stuff?
i suppose i do agree that we need some germs in our life. i'm not even going to go into the little creatures that inhabit our skin and hair every day.
mental note to self: if you meet ross at a htf meet, do NOT shake his hands... ;)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Ha ha I make that same mental note about co-workers who I see not wash their hands on the way out of the shitter.
You think the bathroom is bad, read "Fast Food Nation" and learn just how bad the kitchen sink is. :thumbsdown:

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
atms? kitchen sinks? other peoples privates? ack...what have i started? pretty soon i'm gonna have to invest in a bubble or something...

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
wanna see something disgusting? Try taking a microbiology class and take a few swabs of your hands before and after washing. You'll be surprised with the difference a 2 minute soap and scrub will make.

Worse yet take a swab of the inside of your mouth. Flat out disgusting when you see all the microbes growing in there!

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks