What's new

Hong Kong Legend DVD's (1 Viewer)

Danny_Tam

Agent
I was wondering if anyone has heard when the Hong Kong Legend DVD's will make their way to Region 1?

They've done a fabulous job cleaning up and restoring all of Bruce Lee's movies (except Enter the Dragon, which is owned by Warner Bro.), and some look better than they probably did when first released.

Dan

Henry Woo

Agent
You are asking when. Has it been stated anywhere that HKL dvds will be coming to North America? How can they when U.S. studios own the North American rights to the movies unless the studios has licensed the rights to release U.S. versions of HKL dvds?

Not that I would be complaining. I would be one of the first in line.

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if the movies will be released on region 1 but Hong Kong Flix are selling the imported region 2 versions.I bought the columbia disc of Once Upon A Time In China 3 then got the Hong Kong Legends version and i was completely amazed at the difference in the picture quality.Hong Kong Legends even put some of the big studios to shame with the extras on their dvds.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Dan -
Hong Kong Legends' rights extend only to PAL DVD's in Regions 2 and 4, I believe. The distribution for North American rights to most of their films are held by Miramax, Dimension, Fox, Columbia/Tristar, and others.
If you ever see DVD's they cliam to be the same version but region 1, they are bootlegs. Be very skeptical of anything like tis on Ebay.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks