What's new

Hogan's Heroes S1 boxset query? (1 Viewer)

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator
To those that already have this set, just a query not sure if its only to do with me, but I noticed on my set, that disk 2 had the first 7 eps and disk 1 had the sewcond 7 eps....

Anyone else had the same happen

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I heard something about an early batch of sets with this issue. A recall was mentioned but really it is no big deal, just watch Disc 2 before Disc 1 and all is well...

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
A couple of the early reviews noted this problem and said that Paramount promised the sets would be corrected by street date. Guess not.

Dave Farley

Second Unit
For any of you that have the set already, would you mind going over to Scott Kimball's review thread and checking out my most recent post? I've listed the run times on the pilot episode and three other Season 1 episodes from the CBS Video VHS releases from the late '90's. According to another poster, there may be a possibility that the pilot episode is edited on the new DVD set.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=228362

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator
What about the DVD releases of this show from Columbia House some time ago, is the Pilot ep would that be uncut?

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator
The Discs beign reversed is really nothing when you think about it (i just put disc 2 in disc 1 holder and vice versa)

but this edited pilot i like to be able to get the full version pilot if i can

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
fyi, for those that have the "switched-disk" sets, like me, I just called the phone # that TSoD posted and they were super-nice :). I have a replacement set coming in ~2 weeks.

OT: If only Universal was as nice about giving us TV/DVD fanatics some upcoming info from their "Ft Knox" vault of press releases :rolleyes:....sorry....just a little impatience for a few Uni-owned TV series that I'm wanting badly :D

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator
It doesnt concern me that the discs are reversed......i still got all eps, they all work fine, nuthing is wrong with them so thats what counts :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Anyone who got a mislabeled copy, where did you get it? I wonder if mislabeled copies were sent everwhere, or if it can be isolated to certain stores. As Carlos says, it's not a big deal, but I'd like to get a correct set if I can.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I got it from Circuit City today and it was labelled correctly. I do wish they had gone with the Brady Bunch thinpaks that hold two discs in one, as it would have made it thinner. Still, it's not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks