What's new

Hildi Santo-Tomas still must be stopped!!! (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
the only person i want decorating my house is thom (?) from queer eye ... oh wait ... wrong show.

did someone mention amy winn?
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
something about that toolbelt i tell ya...

actually, i haven't watched this show in quite some time. reading this thread reminds me why.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Just saw a rerun from 2003 where Hildi screwed records onto the wall AND painted the girl's easy chair that had been her grandmother's black. Uggh. What was interesting about this episode is that they had the home owner on at the end talking about how awful it was and how Hildi designs a house for herself and not for the home owner. I don't know how anyone could be comfortable letting her design a room in their house. She is simply dreadful.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Just watched the new "HomeFree" thing that TS is running. They had all the designers sneaking up and introducing themselves to the unsuspecting teams.

I was trying to imagine how I'd feel if Hildi showed up on my doorstep to tell me "you're on Trading Spaces, and I'm your designer."

I think I'd rather stick pins in my eyes, and force myself to watch "From Justin To Kelly" 12 times in a row. ;)

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
Did anybody see the episode where she painted these poor peoples couches and put them outside, where they promptly got rained on? The producers let her go over budget to buy new couches and she wanted to paint those too! Fortunately the homeowners wouldn't let her.
You beat me to the comment and you didn't mention that she was "wagnering" them hot pink.

Phil_L

Second Unit
Hildi is indeed an evil minion of Satan. My friend and I often liken other evil people to Hildi by exclaiming "their soul is black like Hildi's"

Despite her devilish tendencies, I have no sympathy for the homeowners. They know exactly the risks they take when they sign the contract to appear on the show. If you want a room done right, stay off reality TV and hire a decorator/architect who will follow your orders. Redesigning a room can be very rewarding when you get exactly what you want. We just finished a kitchen re-do that turned out beautifully. Worth every penny. Take that evil Hildi! :D

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I have no sympathy for the homeowners. They know exactly the risks they take when they sign the contract to appear on the show.
True, however, the spirit of the show is that they trade spaces so each team can be SURPRISED at how nice their space turned out to be. On most episodes the contestants end up in tears of joy after seeing their new room, while the victims of Hildi end up with tears of despair. I will admit that all of the designers have a stinker under their belt, but Hildi would be lucky to find one GOOD ONE under her belt. It almost seems as though she makes it bad on purpose, almost as if she is punishing the homeowner. Someone should punish Hildi, maybe by FIRING her. Maybe we could get her on the apprentice?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks