What's new

Highlander Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
Well I got a call today from the boys at Link Removed asking me if I wanted to collect any more Highlander memerobellia. (which is strange since I only bought the dvd set a while back and nothing else). I told them I was only interested in the dvd releases. At which time I was informed that Season 2 was "done" for dvd. Now this perked my interest. Right now (according to the sales guy) they're taking the orders for the sets, processing them all at the end of March and we should receive the sets in April. I placed my order since I loved watching the first season, but I am a bit hesitent due to the fact that the Season 1 sets in best buy were very cheap compared to what I paid for them. Maybe this time around the quality of the packaging has gotten better.

Either way, just thought I'd let everyone know they're taking orders now for the sets since I hadn't seen anything on the boards about it in a while.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I am still undecided as to which version I will get. I prefer the packaging of the Highlander store although their art work sucks. The Highlander store claims the Anchor Bay version is the American (cut) version while theirs is the uncut European version. How many total minutes that is no one could say. What I find surprising is how both times I was called they played dumb about even knowing about the Anchor Bay version until they checked with someone.

[url=http://members.aol.com/nightdog35/spidey_smiley.gif] [/url]

Shane D

Supporting Actor
im guessing the anchor bay are the european releases too, i borrowed my friends set (cause i have all the videos and season 1 wasn't worth rebuying to me) and i think they are the longer cuts cause they are like 49 minutes long, which most american shows are 45 to allow for commercials, (x-files and star trek) where as highlander has that extra 4 minutes the euros always advertised having. i looked at the highlander store a few weeks ago and season 2 was only 99. so at least they are starting out at a better price, but id rather have the choice of a cheaper disk only set, and not all the extra stuff you get.

TimSniffin

Stunt Coordinator
The Highlander store claims the Anchor Bay version is the American (cut) version while theirs is the uncut European version.
That's strange. I can't do a side-by-side comparison, but I would swear that there's footage on those episodes that wasn't on the television broadcast.

Also, Anchor Bay has on their In the Future page that they'll be releasing all of the seasons, starting this spring. The official Highlander page is advertising that they're selling it now. My guess is that everything will be the same on the DVDs between the two sets, with different packaging.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I think the easiest way of comparing. Is that the European cut has some nudity. If the Anchor Bay version has it, then we can assume it is the European cut.

I want to get the set. But, I want the uncut versions. So if any knows for sure. Please let us know.

Dan D.

Stunt Coordinator
Alex,
My God, could the salespeople at Highlander-Official be more irritating? I ordered the Season 1 DVDs for my girlfriend for Christmas a year ago and they started calling me twice a week to buy swords and clothing. I finally told them to stop and that I only wanted the DVD set. I got the same phone call you did regarding Season 2 about two weeks ago - at 9:30 on Saturday morning!!! The rep starts in on me about buying more memorabilia, at which point I tell her that I already told them I only wanted the DVDs. She asked if I had Season 2 yet, to which I replied "Oh, is that out now?" She then says "Yes they are, so let's go! Is your address still..." Not even asking me if I actually wanted the set, she tried to start the order. I cut her off and told her this was something my girlfriend was into and I'd pass the information on to her. Get this... she actually let out an annoyed sigh and said "Whatever, Daniel." At that point (mind you, I wasn't even fully awake yet) I managed to absolutely unleash on her before slamming the phone down. I've been meaning to call and complain, in fact this thread just reminded me to do so. For this reason, I'll (we'll... girlfriend is also annoyed) wait for the Anchor Bay release in whatever form it takes.

For Season One, the Anchor Bay release was definitely the European cuts (I have the set). They re-used the exact same transfer from the HL-Store version with different packaging... I seriously doubt that any future releases will be any different.

-Addictive

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Wow. I started a thread on the set being available weeks ago.
This one seems more popular though.
Why can't I ever be the popular one? ;)

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i dont think there was any nudity in highlander at all, unless you mean vanessa's shower scene in the first episode, other than that i dont recall any at all.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
There is some in a couple other episodes if you keep your eyes wide open. (and your slow motion handy) :)
Some of the season's later episodes, disc 7, I believe has a couple examples for starters. You see quite a bit of one chick after she gets out of bed before an immortal kills her, and there's some when Duncan jumps off the one girl in a flashback, but it's really, really quick.

And it's Tessa, not Vanessa.

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
So the Anchor Bay titles are coming out just as fast now? Well then I'm gonna look into that and if it's within a month or so of the supposed "April" time frame then I'm going to cancell my order and get the AB one's instead. Highlander isn't quite worth $700 to me. $350... now you're talking my language. Anyone know how firm of a date that is for AB? I wouldn't be surprised if the Highlander store was calling people to pre-order these titles because they found out AB was going to get the discs out faster than they would. That would SUCK to pay more for the crappy artwork and then not even get them sooner.

Oh yeah, and I hate those calls asking if I want swords and stuff. I just want dvds!

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Good news all......Season 2 is listed to street July 29th,2003......Can't wait.....

R~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks