What's new

Help - My Receiver is Turning Up It's Volume all by Itself (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
So today, as I am watching DVDs I notice that the volume on my receiver is increasing itself all on it's own. I took the batteries out of the remotes and it still has been happening. I have a JVC RX-6018V. Anyone have any idea why this could be happening?

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
It's probably picking up stray IR from something. If you cover the IR sensor on the receiver, does it still do it?

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
If that is the case then Kenwood receivers attract poltergiests frequently.

The digital attenuaters sometimes wear out (the volume nob) and become very sensitive. Try moving the nob on the reciever a little and maybe if you leave it be and use the remote exclusively it will stop (you may have to do this a couple times or so).

Seth=L

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator
I have a JVC 9010 and have at times noticed the same thing. My setup, however, has the receive in a cabinet with a glass door in front. I found that the reason my volume has turned up by itself is vibration from the equipment through the cabinet to the glass door, which just barely touches the volume knob, and therefore somehow turn the volume up. That was my case, but I thought I'd share it with you.

Good luck

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
don't jinx yourself by watching the films poltergeist and exorcist.

Dan Lindley

Second Unit
Stop sitting on the remote?

I second the idea of trying to block IR signals, and make sure you've really done it by testing it with your remote up close and from many angles.

HarpSingh

Agent
How about a prankster neighbour? When I was in high school and my neighbours bought the same tv as ours, I would sometimes go and change their channels through the main picture window. They never knew what was going on.
:)

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Do you have an evil monkey in you closet with a universal remote? :D

Seth=L

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks