What's new

HDMI cables : there are differences? (1 Viewer)

nbaptista

Auditioning
Real Name
Nuno
Hello,

I have a XBOX 360 connected to a LCD Samsung HD ready.My HDMI is a cheap cable that cost me 13 €

Doing a search I found this video that says that cable geometry is very important,so I wonder if people that say HDMI cables only carry 0 and 1 are on the wrong side?

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Here's an interesting read from msnbc.com on the subject: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38731070/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/

Enjoy!

Everyone that has bought and used $6 HDMI cables, have said they work just as well as their friend's expensive cable.

yujiao

Auditioning
Real Name
yujiao
During the late-1980s anlouis vuitton replica handbagsd early-1990s, when Japan and Germany appeared to be outperforming major capital market-oriented countries such as Britain and the US, the academic literature often favorecoach d bank-based systems. Examples of& nbsp;this literature include Prowse (1992), Kester (1992designer handbags), and Porter (1992), while the supporting arguments are summarized in Maher and Andersson (1999) and Tsuru (2000).

yujiao

Auditioning
Real Name
yujiao
During the late-1980s and early-1990slouis vuitton replica handbags, when Japan and Germany appeared to be outperforming major capital market-oriented countries such as Britain and the US, the academic literature often favored bankcoach -based systems. Examples of& nbsp;this literature include Prowse (1992), Kester (1992),designer handbags and Porter (1992), while the supporting arguments are summarized in Maher and Andersson (1999) and Tsuru (2000).

yujiao

Auditioning
Real Name
yujiao
During the late-1980s and early-1990s, when Japan and Germany appeared to be outperforming major capital market-oriented countries such as Britain and the US, the academic literature often favored bank-based systems. Examples of& nbsp;this literature include Prowse (1992), Kester (1992), and Porter (1992), while the supporting arguments are summarized in Maher and Andersson (1999) and Tsuru (2000).

http://www.fashionjacketsoutlet.com

safesinger

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sal
Very cool link:)

I never purchased those $100-$200 HDMI cables always thought that stuff was a sham.

It's amazing these companies will try and squeeze people dry for a lousy Video cable after already spending a boat load of $$ on TV's and Stereo Equipment.

I know people need to make $$ but this is ridiculous.

Have a friend that works at B.Buy I wanted a 12-15ft Sub woofer cable and the cost was $39.99 he gets store prices and paid $5 for that cable.

This is how badly these companys blatantly rip people off this markup is insane!! They could charge $15 and still make a large profit but nope they will take people to the cleaners because there are many consumers that will pay that price even if they knew.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Expensive cable is a rip-off, pure and simple.

Doing a search I found this video that says that cable geometry is very importantDoing a search I found this video that says that cable geometry is very important

Yeah, and if you can't trust a video produced by the manufacturer of expensive HDMI cable, what can you trust.

When I was installing a Blu Ray player surround speakers and sub for my sister last month the 8 foot (expensive) HDMI cable her TV installer had sold her broke. The metal connector bent to about a 30 degree angle when my nephew helped me move TV because the cable was too short for the application and under too much tension. I needed a cable that day because my sister was coming back the following day, and I wanted everything working to show her. So I went to Best Buy and spent almost $50 on a 9 foot HDMI cable - the cheapest they had in stock at that length. (There was a Monster cable that they wanted almost $100 for.) At the same time I ordered a 10 foot cable from Monoprice for about $7 with shipping.

My sister and brother-in-law were happy with their new gear, and when the Monorpice package arrived a few days later I swapped out the cables and returned the over-priced junk to Best Buy for a full refund.

Regards,

Joe

When you buy expensive cables, you're only paying for the packaging, the name, and maybe some pretty colors and extra sparkles on the cable exterior. When it comes down to performance, you won't notice a difference between the two. And wouldn't you rather invest more in the actual electronics rather than the cables?

chuckg

Supporting Actor
The scam starts with the specification....a plain-jane cheap @ss cat 5e network cable would have done the same job!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks