What's new

Guitar Blues XM or Sirius? (1 Viewer)

Harley

Stunt Coordinator
I'll post this in both Forums.

Well,,,,,I'm scared to purchase either one for fear of making the WRONG choice.

I like Guitar BLUES.

I lean towards Walter Trout, Muddy Waters, Robert Cray, Albert Collins, Roy Rogers, Albert King, Luther Allison, Buddy Guy, Gary Moore or SRV (This is my short list) type of Guitar blues.

Any opinions on who delivers the type of Blues I'm into?? XM or Sirius??

Harley

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
XM Channel 74, Bluesville, plays just that kind of music. I like that music too and can normally find it there. I imagine Sirius has a similar channel.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I'm a Sirius subscriber, and I do hear guitar blues there, but I think it's random - they don't play more or less of it than any other blues.

I'd love to see the Blues channels expanded both for style and time period; but I've resigned myself that it's too much of a niche category to every get that treatment.

One thing I have to add, I'm currently trying out a three day XM web trial because (and you've heard this) the Blues on Sirius REALLY repeats itself. I was listening at work and I'd pretty much hear the same tracks on a daily basis. It's only been a day, so no opinion yet on XM's Blues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.