What's new

Grey's Anatomy season 2 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Although I still have serious misgivings about Izzie's actions re: Denny (see my earlier rant), I greatly enjoyed the two-hour season finale. Well-written, well-acted and full of memorable moments. I just hope they can keep up this level of quality in season three. Speaking of which, ABC announced today that they are moving Grey's Anatomy from its Sunday night timeslot this Fall (not a surprise.) But, rather than the Monday night at 9pm slot that many analysts predicted, ABC has decided on 9pm, Thursday, pitting it head-to-head with CSI and Aaron Sorkin's new drama on NBC.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
This for me was actually one of the better episodes of Grey's this year. The idea of Izzie loosing any idea of what she would have normally done based on all of her experience in the wake of her feelings towards Denny was not so far out there. I remember taking care of Professor of Zoology that had a huge MI. His wife had her PhD in Cardiovacular Nursing and had been working in the field of cardiovascular medicine for over 18 years. When we went in to tell her that he husband needs bypass surgery she didn't know what we were talking about. She didn't know what coronary artery disease was. What an MI was. She, in other words, lost everything that she knew because it was her husband that we were talking about and not some one she had no emotional ties to. I thought they wrote the part very well in that Izzie was so desparate to keep Denny that she justified everything, putting her friends on the line, her medical career on the line, and on and on. Just goes to she you what a powerful emotion that love is over any other emotion.

Personally I hate the idea of missing out on my late Sunday night showing of Grey's. Having 3 DVRs with the capability of recording 4 shows at once will help but I liked the ABC Sunday night line up and I wish networks would just keep shows where they are. People will find them and watch them no matter what day of the week just by word of mouth.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Who will be following GREY to Thursday at 9 pm next season, opposite CSI, the new Aaron Sorkin show, and THE O.C.?

I've watched and, for the most part, liked GREY up until now. I haven't missed an episode. But, that is mainly because there really isn't anything against it.

But, I don't know if, with those other shows, I will be tuning in.

I really don't know how it will do. CSI especially has a very loyal following. And, soap opera fans may be watching THE O.C.. Plus, the Sorkin show will be one of the highest profile shows of next season.

Could be a big mistake.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I will be watching Grey & the new Sorkin show. CSI is great, but just like Law & Order I can only take so many years of shows like this. I like shows with more of an ongoing storyline.

My gf got me into Grey & I think it is one of the best shows on right now. I'm a big fan of Sorkin's previous work so I'll be watching this one for sure.

Or maybe I'll get a second HDTiVo and be able to watch 4 shows in the same time slot... :)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am getting tired of characters in shows that do stupid things / makes really poor choices because of some emotional reason. This latest batch of episodes are the poster child of that.

I can't fathom how any doctor would do what Izzy did. I don't care how much she thinks she is in love with him. Doing him more harm was just way too harsh a reaction from a doctor.

And her whole group of friends letting her do it was just as bad. I can't believe one of them wouldn't get security or the nazi.

Just not realistic.

If they let Dizzy stay a doctor, I will stop watching this show. There is no way a hospital would keep her on staff after this demonstration of incompetence.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Moving Grey is going to cause me some problems. It was my "take one for the team" show that I watched with my wife after 10 hours of football! :D Gonna have to find another watchable show that appeals to her "chick flick" tendencies such that watching it qualifies as "together time."

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I will follow Grey's. I enjoy the show even though some of it is so over the top. I don't have many shows now that I still keep up with, so Grey's is one I will stick with.

As it is now, I've been so busy that I tivo Smallville and Avatar and have yet to catch up with them. I hope I don't get to the point where I start tivoing Grey's and eventually give up.

I really enjoyed the two hour season finale. yeah it was depressing and a bit over the top, but I still liked it. I didn't want Meredith and McDreamy to get together, but s*&t happens. I love that george and his new girl are getting more involved. I enjoy Christina's and Burke's story. I like addison and I hate McDreamy for messing things up by doing Meredith at Prom..... Glad to see O Donnell get the boot...or atleast I hope he does....

yeah I still enjoy this show!

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
Izzy's actions just didn't ring true to me. I'm a doctor (a pediatrician) so I've been through the grind of years of school, all-nighters, insane hours of study and preparation. It requires a real desire and commitment to the job to work for years (four years college, four years medical school, three to ten years residency) to achieve your goal. To throw it all away for romance seems very implausible, unless you subscribe to the idea that maybe Izzy was having a mental breakdown.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I'd need more evidence than Izzy behaving differently from what the masses would to to categorize her as mentally unstable. People "throw away" important things for all kinds of internal reasons. In most cases, it doesn't make them mentally unstable; it makes them having a different set of priorities than outside observers would. It's quite possible that Izzy did have a momentary breakdown, but it's also possible that while her career is very important to her, it isn't the be all and end all of who she is and what she wants in life. Sometimes, it's just that simple.

I think it would be more difficult to get past the Hippocratic Oath. The oath is one that has stood the test of time and I don't see the fundamental principles ignored often simply because they make sense. By the time you get to the point Izzy is, it's so much second nature that it'd be hard to go against. The episode did address that to some degree, though.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
So has anyone read anywhere whether Katherine Heigl is off the show or was the "I Quit" at the end just an empty threat that will be be fixed within a few episodes?

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
A nice read in LA Times Calendar section about Denny. Twin brother comes back?
LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks