What's new

Greater Toronto Area (ON) meet?!?!? (1 Viewer)

Robin Warren

Second Unit
Hey Mass,
I have original non-superbit of Fifth Element and Resident Evil. I will make sure to bring them, unless Norm already has em.

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Guys, a Superbit vs Regular edition sounds good.

I already have the regular editions of Fifth Element and Resident Evil. I also have the Superbit version of Starship Troopers (Awesome PQ).

Confirmed:
BrentL ?????
Massimo N [Yes]
Jeremy Allin [Yes]
Walter Feddern ?????
Lou Sytsma [Yes]
Fernando A. ?????
Chris Diaz [Yes]
Rick_L [Yes]
Robin Warren [Yes]

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I'm always in!!

Yep, confirm me for whatever weekend you see fit. As long as I have about 10 day, I can book it off

Sorry about not being in on the discussion.

If I end up getting the Epson S1 I'll bring it for a comparison with better projectors. I'm still not sure about buying it, but for $1000 it's almost too good a deal to pass up.

Now if I knew what my insurance would be come December I buy it today!!

I could hurt, 2003 Civic, insurance LOVES to screw Civic drivers

Robin Warren

Second Unit
Hey Jeremy,

Sounds good. Do you think you can get into Kitchener? Mass and I are on the same street just north of the 401....(about 10 minutes).

Mass, hows the new garage door opener. Saw you installing it the other day. They are a mittful, thats for sure.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
No problem getting to Kitchener and your place. I lived there for three years going to school at Conestoga. Lived on Old Carriage Dr. just off Homer Watson.

Send me directions to your place anytime through e-mail.

Thanks!

Jeremy

Kevin_C

Auditioning
Hi Norm,
If you still have space, I'd also like to come on the 22nd. I heard from Chris that you were organizing this.

I'm a bit of a newbie myself, so it'll be great to see your set up.

Thanks,
Kevin

Miles_W

Second Unit
Hey guys,

I'm sorry I cannot make this meet but just as an FYI for you RP-91 owners... there is a new firmware version posted on AVS for download... v2.59 supposed to improve mp3 play back and also fix some flagging problems...

Miles

ps. Have a good meet...

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Miles, too bad you can't make it.

Kevin: Ok, I'll add you to the list as the last person coming. Anyone else will have to wait to see if someone cancels.

Confirmed:
BrentL [Yes]
Massimo N [Yes]
Jeremy Allin [Yes]
Walter Feddern ?????
Lou Sytsma [Yes]
Fernando A. ?????
Chris Diaz [Yes]
Rick_L [Yes]
Robin Warren [Yes]
Kevin-C [Yes]

Still waiting on Walter and Fernando to confirm.

Walter Feddern

Stunt Coordinator
Put me down as a yes right now. There is a chance I may need to work over that weekend, but will not know for sure until sometime next week. Even if I am working I may be able to get away for the afternoon/evening.

Walter.

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, Walter.

Confirmed:
BrentL [Yes]
Massimo N [Yes]
Jeremy Allin [Yes]
Walter Feddern [Yes]
Lou Sytsma [Yes]
Fernando A. ?????
Chris Diaz [Yes]
Rick_L [Yes]
Robin Warren [Yes]
Kevin-C [Yes]

I was thinking we might start the day with lunch at Montana's or East Side Mario. Then if you wish, we can make a quick stop at a local electronics store. It's not very big, but he's got some pretty good stuff. I know the owner, and can ask him for a few specials. Then you all can follow me to my place.

So, lunch at about 1 pm?

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Sounds like a great plan, Norm. Remember, if any of you have any DVDs you're looking to get rid of, bring 'em along for some exchanging. :)

Walter Feddern

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, but it looks like I won't be able to make it after all. Both myself and my wife have our birthdays in the next week, and it looks like she made plans to celebrate on the 22nd.

Hopefully will be able to make the next one, or perhaps host something in the future.

I do have a bunch of DVD's I was looking to sell though, so if people are interested, I will get the list together, and if anyone is interested in anything, can send them along with someone going.

Walter.

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry to hear that you can't make it Walter. Have a good time.

Confirmed:
BrentL [Yes]
Massimo N [Yes]
Jeremy Allin [Yes]
Lou Sytsma [Yes]
Fernando A. ?????
Chris Diaz [Yes]
Rick_L [Yes]
Robin Warren [Yes]
Kevin-C [Yes]

Walter Feddern [No]

Now, is everyone ok with meeting at Montana's at about 1 PM? I will post the directions later, and will PM everyone to give you my home and cell phone number. Anyone who can't make it to the 1 PM lunch, let me know and I'll PM you the direction to my house.

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, here's how to find Montana's. I'm assuming everyone knows where highway 10 is? Montana's is just off highway 10 just north of highway 9 and Broadway in Orangeville. You'll see it on the left. Turn off at the first or second set of lights just past Broadway. (Broadway is the main street going through Orangeville.)

Those coming from Kitchener should be using highway 24 through Erin and Caledon.

Those coming from Toronto, Mississauga and from further East, best to come up the 410 through Brampton, then up highway 10 to Orangeville.

I will PM everyone to give you guys my home and cell phone number.

Chris Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Yeah that sounds good to me too Norm. I'm really excited about this. Especially seeing some real HD. Believe it or not, I've only seen real HDTV once and that was about 8 years ago in a museam out West. You know, the TV of the Future.

I look forward to meeting all of you guys too.

Chris

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Well Chris, I should be able to give you a good dose of HD. By the time we get to my place, there shold be some college football in HD, and later on we'll be able to check out CBC's first HD offering as they show the Heritage Classic game from Edmonton between the Oilers and Canadiens. And later on the regular TV shows such as "The District" will be on as well.

One week to go. :)

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Hi Norm, I've been following this thread closely and I'm really looking forward to the event and meeting everyone as well. I can't wait to see Two Towers: EE on your setup.

I, too, have seen *very* little HD so far. It's great that CBC is finally getting things together (wonder if the game will still be in mono sound! :D).

Robin and Mass - I'll be e-mailing you guys this week to talk about meeting in Kitchener first.

6 days to go! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks