What's new

Next Greater Toronto Area HTF meet? (1 Viewer)

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
The way things are shaping up, it looks like Wayne Murphy and I will be hosting the next HTF meet. We mentioned this at the first meet earlier this year, that we would be willing to host a meet in Orangeville. Wayne and I live about 5 houses apart and thus the meet will be going back and forth between the 2 homes.
The tentative date is September 29th, but this will only be confirmed when I get a firm date for the Inner Ear show, which is usually on at about this time.
As for my system, it's in my living room, and will be affected slightly by daylight.
Here are my components:
TV: Toshiba TW40X81 HDTV monitor
Receiver: Kenwood VR-2080 DD/DTS
Speakers: PSB
DVD player: Panasonic DVD-RV60
LD player: Pioneer CLD-S104
VCR: JVC HR-VP67OU Hi-Fi
Sattelite: Bell ExpressVu Model 6000 HDTV
CD player: Kenwood CD-323M DTS capable 200 disc changer
Yes, it is a mixture of different companies, but it seems to work well.
I plan on getting a new progressive scan DVD player soon, either the Panasonic RP-91 or RP-61. I'll have it before the meet.
The highlight of the night at my home will of course be to watch a movie in Hi-Def. While Wayne has the big screen.
I'll let Wayne post the details about his system.
Well, the day will most likely happen this way:
We'll all meet at the hotel in Markham by 10am for the Inner Ear Show. I figure spending from 3 to 5 hours there. (This is up for discussion).
After which we'll head up to Orangeville and the 2 homes. There is a small store in Orangeville called Electronics Plus that we can visit, but he doesn't carry a lot of stuff. Yamaha and Marantz receivers, Jamo and PSB speakers, and Samsung TV's and DVD players. That's about it. If you guys want to stop there on the way to the homes, no problem, if not, then to the homes we go.
As for the amount of people we'll accept, Wayne and I figured on a number of 22.
Thoughts???
Norm

Walter Feddern

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like it will be fun. I will be away for the next week, but if you start taking names, be sure to add mine.
Walter.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Add me to the list as well.
Can't wait to see your TV in action!
------------------
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
UM...I think I'm in :) Don't kno about the inner ear thing, usually mostly high end audio....has it changed??
I'm guessing it will be around the same time as the Paradigm meet ..... ye ha busy month...
Brent L
------------------
UPDATE TO PARADIGM TOUR ON MEETS PAGE!!!

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Well, you can count me in. I'm not missing the meet this time!
Hmm, Markham/Orangeville...how to I get there from Etobicoke by public transit? :)
Any date appears to be fine for me around that time...so just add my name to the list once a date is finalized.
Thanks for letting us know way ahead of time.
Andrew
------------------
My Anime on DVD List

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
I decided to start the thread early to give everyone a chance to organize themselves as it is quite a ways to Orangeville.
As for the Inner Ear Show, it is still mostly high end audio, but there seems to be more and more home theater stuff every year. Last year it was about 70-30 audio vs hometheater. I've enjoyed the show the last two years that I've gone.
What is too bad about this, is that DVD Wave has a store only minutes from this hotel, but I believe they are closed on the weekend as they are at the Pickering Flea Market.
On another note, this past weekend I had the chance to really see HD for the first time, and you know what, DVD doesn't look so good afterwards. I'm hoping that the progressive scan player will close the gap a bit, which I believe it will.
Later...
Norm

Wayne Murphy

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all.
My system is a little eclectic as well. I have the Zenith Pro 880 CRT projector to a 1.3 gain screen from Dalite.
My main unit is Yamaha 2090. Denon laser disc, Panasonic DVD, JVC vhs, Tecnics decoder DTS/DD. My speakers are Klipsch across the front and Clements Dipolar rears. I also have a pair of Clements front effects speakers. I have a Mirage and an AMI sub woofer. My system is on the bright side. When I have people over for a movie I have to set the treble to MIN. or people start squinting when there are metal on metal effects in a movie. For classical listening I center the treble again.
There are only seats for 5 in the theatre but there is room on the floor for the demos.
We can eat here if we order in, there is plenty of room upstairs. Darts are available for those interested. Any Scotch drinkers in the crowd?

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
I just thought I'd respond again to let you all know that I've just ordered the Panasonic DVD-RP61 progressive scan player. I will have it by the time we get together.
Norm

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Darts and a pro scan player ... what could be better :)
Bernt L
------------------
UPDATE TO PARADIGM TOUR ON MEETS PAGE!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks