What's new

Going for a Paradigm Servo-15 over PC-Ultra (1 Viewer)

David Barteaux

Stunt Coordinator
Craig,

In your review of the Maestro, did you set it up with the theater input at all?

This is the configuration I would use for movies and multichannel music with M&K THX speakers rolled off at 80hz. Do you think this is the best configuration to use or should I set in my processor front L&R as large, sub to none, other channels small, and use configuration #4 for the sub.

Yes ACI does have special shipping for Canadians:)

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
I have it set up with the theater inputs now ... and have my fronts set to large, everything else with below 80 Hz being redirected to the Maestro PLUS LFE going to the Maestro...

And yes, it works GREAT.

Our room, BTW, is 5700 ^ 3 feet ... and no problem with the Maestro shaking everything when called upon to do so.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
My mains are the Rocket RS-1K's ... and they get a full range signal... they are also 52 inches tall, and are pretty flat to the upper 20's for bass... with decent response to about 24 Hz...

Your M&K's will excel, of course, in the precise method you described, sending all bass below 80 Hz to the subwoofer...

Blkout

Agent

I did a back to back test in my home with a Servo 15 v.2 and my SVS PB12-Plus/2 and it was no comparison. I would have liked the Servo 15 if I had never heard the SVS PB12-Plus/2 but in back to back testing the SVS subs played much lower with FAR more authority. I wanted to like the Paradigm sub since I run Paradigm Studio's all around, but the fact is the SVS did everything better than the Servo 15. The SVS amp was only turned up half way compared to the Paradigm Servo amp which was almost full gain, and the SVS was still stronger. If you have you're Ultra tuned to 20Hz, play the scene in Matrix Revolutions where Neo is walking blind in the computer, its towards the end of the movie, I think its chapter 23 or so, anyway, there is some ULTRA low bass there when Neo walks, each footstep is very low frequency, it can be clearly heard on my SVS sub, but with the Servo is was hardly noticable. I just didn't like the fact that I felt like I was working the Servo twice as hard as the SVS sub to get close to the same output, even then the Servo fell slightly short.I also didn't like that the Servo has a noticable thump when powering up.

The Servo 15 v2 is a GREAT sub......as long as you've never heard an SVS sub.

Blkout

Agent
The Servo v.1 has been discontinued guys, not the v.2, the v.2 is brand new, it has 1200 watts compared to the v.1's 400 watts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks