What's new

Godzilla 2014 teaser anticipation thread! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It always amazes me how people know a movie is bad after watching one trailer. As for me, this is the kind of move I want to succeed. I'll defer judgement.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Aw, me too! I want me a series of big budget Godzillas. I hope this does that. The trailer is very promising.

It was Godzilla and Lost in Space that disappointed me the most. I liked both movies and wished they'd been more successful so we'd have a series of movies every few years. LiS had a lot of potential, like Trek. A reboot would be fantastic!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm not one to judge a movie based (much) on the trailer, but the trailer I saw for this movie (in front of the Hobbit) was one of the worst trailers I have ever seen. It was so incredibly dark that I had no idea what I was looking at or what was happening. How is that supposed to grab the viewer? From the 1:00 mark on, the vital parts of the trailer are dark and ill-defined. The rest is generic disaster movie stuff. I'll reserve judgment on the movie, but this trailer gets a F.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Not to defend the thing at all costs or anything.. lol but... maybe your theater didn't have the brightness set right or something.

I haven't seen Hobbit yet (going next week at christmas) but on youtube the brightness is perfect. Maybe it's just me... I like the color scheme on this film. Very moody... murky atmosphere, like something BIG is kickin up dust! ;) ..maybe they are showing little bits too fast for you on a bigger screen... I'll see for myself next week...

Generic? Well, a movie of this type is going to have certain things in it... what can they do? Maybe it's a Godzilla fan thing, I don't know.. I'm extremely excited about seeing it next year. And to me this treaser just makes me want to see it more than ever.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Radioman970 said:
...and Lost in Space that disappointed me the most. I liked both movies and wished they'd been more successful so we'd have a series of movies every few years. LiS had a lot of potential, like Trek...
Wow - I never thought I'd find another soul that actually enjoyed LiS as I do (it's not the greatest, but IMO not the failure most remember it as). Maybe we should create a support group.. "Hi, my name is Jason, and I wish there had been more Lost in Space movies..." :)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Its being made by the same company as Pacific Rim and there are rumours of a Pacific Rim/Godzilla combo sequel if the new Godzilla does well. So it should be along the same vein as Pacific Rim.

DaveF said:
I'm intrigued. But Pacific Rim is the new standard-bearer for giant godzilla monsters destroying cities. (And I am not a fan of the Matthew Broderick version.) We'll see if Godzilla can keep up with the Del Toro's Gaijen :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Randy Korstick said:
Its being made by the same company as Pacific Rim and there are rumours of a Pacific Rim/Godzilla combo sequel if the new Godzilla does well. So it should be along the same vein as Pacific Rim.
I'm not sure if they should cross the streams...but if they can bring that feeling of massiveness to the new Godzilla, it could be quite a bit of fun.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I was hoping that Godzilla would be the heroine and some frozen guardian of the world ready to awake when the Earth needs her, trailer looks okay, i am one of those people who enjoyed the 1997 version, i'll probably like this one too.

@Jason

I enjoyed Lost In Space too.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Oh baby!! Now I am psyched for this.
Edit: Ok, I wanted to add that yeah, there may be some big spoilery stuff in this trailer. Some that are very thinly veiled and others hidden pretty well. But for me, it's knowing those that makes this movie waaaaaay more interesting now. And I hope like hell this won't be tidied up in a single movie.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Had to stop at about 1 minute. Too much story coming in... but damn. I had chills the whole minute I watched. Remember when they did another Apes reboot? Do we have that here? *smiles with confidence* :D

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
THIS is what the 90's Godzilla should have been. Looks epic, and looks like it holds true to Godzilla's Japanese origin.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Love the trailer, GZ looks bad ass and according to the poster huge. I am excited about the movie and plan on seeing it. The trailer does make you wonder (see 1:48 in to the trailer,) if there are other monsters for him to fight in sequels. Just my two cents.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Malcolm R said:
It can't be any worse than the last attempt.
Yes, he did turn out to be a poor contender against the real thing:

This one looks like it's going in the complete opposite direction:Instead of Goofy Godzilla, we're getting doomed, Snyder-esque CGI'ed, post-9/11 Godzilla of Steel, with Pacific Rim's belief that regular people are as somberly reverent fans of kaiju as they are. :(

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Jerome Grate said:
Love the trailer, GZ looks bad ass and according to the poster huge. I am excited about the movie and plan on seeing it. The trailer does make you wonder (see 1:48 in to the trailer,) if there are other monsters for him to fight in sequels. Just my two cents.
My understanding is that Goji-chan may battle several other kaiju in *this* film.

My expectations are not too high (I wasn't a huge fan of Monsters), but I hope to be surprised.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Ejanss said:
Instead of Goofy Godzilla, we're getting doomed, Snyder-esque CGI'ed, post-9/11 Godzilla of Steel, with Pacific Rim's belief that regular people are as somberly reverent fans of kaiju as they are. :(
You are dark and cynical, but in a fun way. :)

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Aaron Silverman said:
You are dark and cynical, but in a fun way. :)
Well, don't get me wrong, but only the Japanese could do Serious Godzilla in the original first movie, because they lived it during the war.
Here, the Americans want to be serious too, but seems like there's too much of an epic "2012" vibe going on with the brave human fighters and survivors, when we were really more on the monster's side. Especially if he was the one fighting other monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks