What's new

Glee Season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Fantastic two hours, really. It's no secret I'm a huge fan of the show, despite all its flaws, but I have to say that the victories were all earned in terms of what the show has done since episode 1. The emotions all seemed genuine and believable, the performances were all great, and the entire identity swap sequence was a blast.

I'm back for next season, though there was little doubt.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Last night was terrific.
The body swap was a lot of fun (especially trying to see who was playing who), I think my favorite was Darren Criss in a mohawk - second week in a row with unusual hair.
As for the songs - I don't think there was a bad one in the bunch (often one or two don't work, but last night all did)
Next year will be interesting as they lose several major performers (I know they will still be in it, but won't be the major stars - well, that's the plan). While the others are very talented, I feel Rachel and Kurt are in a slightly different league. Plus I prefer the broadway songs they bring with them over the more pop songs. With them, there was a nice balance.
We'll see
David

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
The past "three" episodes (Tuesday night's two-hour block of back-to-back eps plus the previous week) show exactly how good Glee can be! STORIES were told! Fun musical numbers! And had they decided to end with the Nationals this week, I think it would have been a great way to end the series.

BTW, what was the some they sung during the "montage" of scenes with them returning to school with the trophy? I really feel like I'm getting old when I have to ask that....

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a solid season finale, a lot of emotions flying around, but mainly grounded in affection. I did shed a tear at the end, adult decisions and sacrifice ruling the day.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was livid at the treatment of Kurt's rejection letter. No scene of his crushing news affecting him or an explanation about his rejection by NYADA, no scene of consolation from Blaine or his uber-supportive father, no discussion of Plan B for his future. It became, as it's almost always been, The Rachel Berry Show as her triumph magnified into a solo song of tentative hope and then arrival in NYC ready to start the next phase of her life. They even had the gall to have Kurt see her off at the train station looking rather happy instead of dejected and beside himself with grief over his own lost dreams.

Up until that haphazard decision to once again make Kurt the poster boy of losers the world over, I was rather enjoying the show. The songs weren't superb but were put over with the usual professionalism that is a hallmark of the show's production. But I left the show with a decided sour taste in my mouth and a decision to make whether I want to give the show a chance on its new night next fall.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I just took the earlier scene with Kurt's father as a call-back to Kurt growing up and becoming more adult about such things (as he was towards the rejection leftter). Plus, even if we didn't see how Finn and Kurt reacted afterwards in great detail, you can infer that these 2 step-brothers have a small support system between them and their respective mother and father to lean on, so in the face of lemon, they are forced to make lemonade. Finn made a truly adult choice in letting Rachel go pursue her dreams, instead of displaying a neediness in terms of relationships and becoming a boat anchor to Rachel's dreams. Time will tell if Kurt is back next season in some other recurring role, and perhaps he gets another shot at NYADA (or finds a suitable outlet for his talents).

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
There are always scenes that it would be nice to see played out. But this is a series with more than 15 lead characters that must devote about 1/3 to 1/2 of each episode to musical numbers. On average that leaves about 20-25 minutes to move the plots forward. In retrospect, it's amazing they get as much in as they do.
And I thought the last three episodes were wonderful as well. Seemed more like a series finale than a season finale - can't wait to see how they change the storytelling structure for next season. One episode in New York, one in Lima? Tina and Blaine leading New Directions? One thing that I'm sure won't last is Finn in the Army - he'll be 4-F in the season premiere and off to join Rachel in the Big Apple. I just hope we'll still see Quinn, cause I really like looking at her. :)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by DaveHof /t/314944/glee-season-3-thread/90#post_3929747
There are always scenes that it would be nice to see played out. But this is a series with more than 15 lead characters that must devote about 1/3 to 1/2 of each episode to musical numbers. On average that leaves about 20-25 minutes to move the plots forward. In retrospect, it's amazing they get as much in as they do.

Certainly it's a fine balancing act which I well understand, but as they spent THE ENTIRE SEASON setting up this NYADA plot for Rachel AND Kurt, it seemed thoughtless and frankly inept to focus only on one of them as a result of their letter receipts with not even a sideways glance at the fallout for the unsuccessful member.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks